ward labs report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike79

Reaction score
First off, thanks for all the information you guys have provided here. Here are results from my ward labs report:
Ph - 7.7
TDS- 502
mmho/cm- .84,
Cation / Anion, me/L- 9.3/9.5
Na-27
K-<1
Ca-97
Mg-39
Total Hardness, CaCO3 - 405
NO3-N - .3
SO4-S - 74
CI -38
CO3- <1
HCO3-231
Total Alkalinity as CaCO3 - 189

My first thought was this is really hard water. I have a 5 gal. RO system, but it takes a while to "make" the water to replenish. Any thoughts on the tap analysis?

I was also wondering how mixing the tap water with RO water works. If I dilute 50%, does that in turn reduce the amount of disolved solids by 50%?

Thanks for your help!

Download Bru'n Water and load your tap water data in. There is a built in estimate of RO water parameters on the Water Adjustment sheet. You can dial in any amount of dilution from 0 to 100 percent and the resulting water profile is calculated for you.

To answer your question, yes diluting by 50% will roughly reduce your TDS and any of the concentrations by half.

Yep, rock hard water you've got there.

Get a bigger tank or some sort of vessel so that you can store more RO water and not have to wait.

Back