What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a few Maine Beer Co. brews today. One was "Lunch" and the other was a Peeper pale ale (if I recall correctly). Didn't buy either. The former was $7.99 and the latter, $5.99.

Don't pass up on Maine Beers ... outstanding stuff (especially if you see a Mean Old Tom!)

Really digging the Mosaic hops. It's my first experience with them and I must say they're quite good. I'm not getting much of the fruity/citrus character I've heard about, mostly dankishness, but I imagine in a malty base style like red those notes can get lost. I'll have to try these hops out in a SMaSH sometime.

I didn't get any citrus from that beer either - quite dank (which worked fine with the red rye, just wasn't what I was expecting.)

Proper vacation breakfast...
SDBWtop5.jpg

More coffee on this nice 54 degree morning in Michigan.

I am having coffee as well. The dog woke me up at 5 a.m. this morning to go out. :off::drunk:

It was 58F at the house this morning. Refreshing! I was searching for a stout at 7 a.m. it felt so cold. :mug:

I am having coffee as well. The dog woke me up at 5 a.m. this morning to go out. :off::drunk:

It was 58F at the house this morning. Refreshing! I was searching for a stout at 7 a.m. it felt so cold. :mug:

I need to brew me a good stout for winter and a good pumpkin beer for fall

More coffee on this nice 54 degree morning in Michigan.

Geez! I checked the temperature on the car dash on the way into work and it said 45! I actually had the heat on. Then I passed a late 60 to early 70 year old mad jogging at 6:30 this AM with a tank top and shorts on and he was sweatin hard! I immediately turned the heat off cuz I felt like a big *****!:smack:

Still on the coffee. Crappy, crappy coffee.

Geez! I checked the temperature on the car dash on the way into work and it said 45! I actually had the heat on. Then I passed a late 60 to early 70 year old mad jogging at 6:30 this AM with a tank top and shorts on and he was sweatin hard! I immediately turned the heat off cuz I felt like a big *****!:smack:

Still on the coffee. Crappy, crappy coffee.

And I thought I looked weird wearing sweats and a hooded sweatshirt on the lake during the month of JUNE. Gotta love Maine.

I was in Kennebunkport last year during mid-February and saw a guy in a wetsuit swimming in a nearby river. It had to be 25F out. Talk about feeling like a poon!

Best part about today is I'm at work all by myself.so I don't have to deal with stupid
:-D having some water with my coffee.

I'm drinking some water. I'm on the road and 3 hours away from home.

The best part about living in Connecticut is that you are never more than 3 hours from home (assuming you are in a car). :ban: Are you around these parts?

Coffee, for now. I'm headed to the e-cig shop today to get something to help me stop chewing (I started chewing to quit smoking). Afterward, I'm going to the liquor store to get some more Prairie stuff...

Coffee, for now. I'm headed to the e-cig shop today to get something to help me stop chewing (I started chewing to quit smoking). Afterward, I'm going to the liquor store to get some more Prairie stuff...

Weren't you saying you'd send me some more beers? :D

Chew is evil. I had a much harder time getting of that than cigs. Good luck! Look at some pictures of guys who have had half their faces removed. That helped me.

Chew is evil. I had a much harder time getting of that than cigs. Good luck! Look at some pictures of guys who have had half their faces removed. That helped me.

I didn't need pictures of other people I just looked at my kids that's how I quite smoking and chewing.

TNGabe said:

Hehe, I'm working on another care package for ya. I haven't been shopping in a while though.

I quit chewing a few years ago, and like a dumb!$$ I started again. Maybe this time it'll stick. The pics helped get me motivated as well.

Having more coffee, while waiting for the store to open (they open stupid late).

Currently cold crashing 20 litres of Apfelwein at 1.015, drinking as it crashes. Tasty.

Got another batch started a few days ago in my carboy. Damn, my sauna smells like rhino farts. Need to start another batch tomorrow in the just freed demijohn.

BGBC said:
Ha! I actually bottled a 3711 pumpkin saison a couple weeks ago. TBD if it's any good or not...

And drinking coffee, americano.

Oh the humanity!

Another week, another London Pride in the airport.

ForumRunner_20130725_173349.jpg

Yes I know it's only Thursday, working from home tomorrow so I get to spend some time there for a change.

TNGabe said:
Oh the humanity!

Yup, I know, I know. Making due with what I've got for now.

I'll be on the lookout for 3726PC in the fall/winter. Also looking forward to starting some sour/funky projects, but we're probably moving in the next couple months and I don't want to get anything long-term started now.

Latest posts

Back