AHS Extra Pale Malt Extract - entry into Beersmith?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstatepike

Reaction score
I'm trying to enter in the recipe for AHS' Our Special Holiday Ale, and Beersmith does not have an entry for 'Extra Pale Malt Extract'. This is just their bulk liquid extract, I have no clue who the manufacturer is. Anyone have the information that Beersmith needs on this extract? Or even better, can anyone point me to where I can find it?

I'm trying to enter in the recipe for AHS' Our Special Holiday Ale, and Beersmith does not have an entry for 'Extra Pale Malt Extract'. This is just their bulk liquid extract, I have no clue who the manufacturer is. Anyone have the information that Beersmith needs on this extract? Or even better, can anyone point me to where I can find it?

Extra pale is refering to a very light malt like a Lovibond that is low. Dry malt fits this spec at 1.8L.

Briess Malt & Ingredients Co.: Base Malts

Download the PDF file as it has all the facts.
http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/Assets/PDFs/Briess_PIS_CBW_Pilsen_Light_LME.pdf
Your LHBS has the dry extract. www.Morebeer.com has it as well as many others.

This is our Extra Pale malt extract

Briess CBW® Pilsen Light LME

Lovibond FAN Unique Characteristics/Applications
1.5 - 3.0 (8 °Plato) 240ppm
(8 °Plato) 80% fermentable. The lightest colored brewer's grade malt extract available. Use alone for light-colored beers, or with specialty malts to brew beers of all styles. Excellent for boosting gravity and yeast propagation.
Ingredients: Pilsen Malt, Carapils® Malt.

This is our Extra Pale malt extract

Briess CBW® Pilsen Light LME

Lovibond FAN Unique Characteristics/Applications
1.5 - 3.0 (8 °Plato) 240ppm
(8 °Plato) 80% fermentable. The lightest colored brewer's grade malt extract available. Use alone for light-colored beers, or with specialty malts to brew beers of all styles. Excellent for boosting gravity and yeast propagation.
Ingredients: Pilsen Malt, Carapils® Malt.

Look at that customer service! I can walk into the store, and even get an answer here. Me = another customer for life. :)

Seriously, thanks for the info!

Back