Suggestions on replicating C-Note Imperial IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollsa

Reaction score
hi,

wondering if anyone can offer tips & advice on getting in the ballpark of the new old lompoc's c-note. i'm only equipped for partial mash at this point.

from their site:

"C-Note Imperial Pale - This HUGE Imperial Pale Ale (100 IBU!) is a hop head’s dream. Using Crystal, Cluster, Cascade, Chinook, Centennial,
Columbus and Challenger hops. (6.9% a/v)".

hop aroma is fantastic. not a hard-hitting bitter beer at all. any fellow c-note lovers?

thanks!

i'm gonna work on this! should be a lot of fun coming up with the tasty trial n errors. if anyone in the pdx area wants to work on this with me, please pm me.

I just had this for the first time the other day it is freeking fantastic. To me it seems like it has a lot of Centennial flavor additions. I'm a total whore for Centennials, if you like Centennials you should try Fishtail IPA from Olympia.

oh yeah? ya know, i don't think i have tried fishtail. thanks for the love!

yes, it really is one of the most layered ipa's i've ever had the pleasure to enjoy. so many overtones. for my bday i went out with loved ones to old lompoc and had a few. then i came home to a surprise party where, oh joy of joys, a keg of the stuff awaited! i'm not sure, but i think my friends were even happier than i was about that! and to think there was some left-over (the cads! they started opening the bottles before the keg was done!). it'll be nice to try with at least half of the "c" hops credited in their liner notes, i think.

weird. I like fish tale's organic IPA alot but I hate (ok hate is strong- bit I dont care too much for) C-Note.

I'm thinking that C-Note has to be super heavy on the centennials. Most beers that are overly hopped with centennial's I dont care for as much. But if fish tale's IPA is mostly centennial I might have to reconsider....

Back