Real Men Wear Pink!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
So this weekend I was extolling the virtues of my straight razor and wet shaving while out at a friends birthday party. I explained my shaving process to a girl who after experiencing how soft my face was replied, "wow, that's great, but I could never get my boyfriend to do that, he has this thing about only doing "manly" and doesn't believe in using stuff like that."

Well I was shocked, and I had to explain that there is nothing more manly than making your own shaving cream and shaving your face with a super sharp 3 inch long knife.

I then told her that her boyfriend needs to get over what he thinks is "manly" and try some new things. I then added to emphasize my point that, real men can wear pink.

The look on her face was priceless.

I then told her I have a pink shirt, and she said, "you mean salmon, right?" No I mean pink real men can wear pink!

This story needs more detail.

How did the girl find out how soft your face was.....

Did you score.......

Did her boyfriend find out.......

This is one of those I was hitting on her and doing real well, she seemed like she was super into me... mutual touching, she was playing with her hair etc. I told her to touch my face, to show off my shave, she did. Then she brought up the BF which is the girls way of saying I am totally flirting with you, but this isn't going anywhere because I am seeing someone... who has obvious flaws...

OK, just to state - Real men wear what they want.
I don't want to wear pink.
Sorry about the flirt / coc. block thing. I hope you did not buy her drinks and feed her bad habits.

Real shave = manly
Pink shirts = not manly

PLENTY of other colors to choose from, the pink will never be seen on me.

Real men technically Can wear pink, but they shouldn't IMHO because of the shear deusche-baggery it promotes! Might as well pop that color and tilt your hat to the side.

*********.jpg

I wear pink because it looks awesome and I don't care what you think. Style is all about confidence and if I feel like I can pull off a bright pink shirt, I'm gonna run with it. For example, right now I am wearing a yellow and black large print hounds-tooth blazer made with rough strand raw silk. Chew on that all day and not be impressed. I love tastefully loud clothes and get compliments from the ladies all the time. You just have to have the attitude for it. By the way, that girls BF sounds like he has a small one and has to pretend to be "manly" in everything else. [/sarcasm][/maybe not]

I will admit, how pink is worn can affect how it looks. :rolleyes:

I bet a manly deep blue thong would look manly on any of those guys.... If you are dressed like a tard, wearing a "manly" color is not going to save you.

Not sure about wearing it but I like to slip into the pink whenever I can. :rockin:

pink-picture-1.jpg

Is the only "Pink" I would consider wearing despite the fact that I sure a lot of other men have "worn" her before. I am not saying she is all that good looking but, I'd still "wear" her for a little while if the chance presented itself.

What a stupid thread, on both sides. If you're judging your "manliness" by your goddamned wardrobe decisions, whether it's "yeah, wear pink!" or "only fags wear pink", then I think you've got some rather f*cked up priorities.

Jebus H. Christ, people, STFU and stop talking about your goddamned wardrobe. The very fact that you need to base your manliness on such things really makes me question your judgment when it comes to manliness in the first place.

Last week I wore a pink tshirt to Farm & Fleet. I actually paused as I entered thinking my homophobic country bumpkin brethren might mistake me for a homosexual and drag me into the fertilizer section in the back of the store to beat me straight. I had two things going for me though.

A) It was a pink "PORKY'S" tshirt.
B) I was carrying a newborn baby which naturally suggests I have bred... recently... with a woman.

I came out unscathed but learning a valuable lesson. ;)

Pink. It's just another wavelength. Like any other.

(Except maybe black, as pure black is an absence of light. One could argue that black isn't a color, but in fact a complete lack of color, it's an uncolor).

I like that. Black - The new uncolour.

All I know about fashion / etc is I go to a tailor when I'm on vacation, he takes measurements, I tell him to make me look good, (OK, as good as possible) haggle on the price and then pick up my wardrobe for the next year a couple of days later. I basically pay for my vacation by doing this, it saves me a couple thousand dollars that I'm more than happy to spend having fun.

If someone judges me by what I wear, then that is their problem. Personally I just don't think pink matches me, what ever the heck that means.

High Fashion just doesn't make any sense. You never see people actually dressed like that. and I wouldn't pay 4 dollars to look like those guys. The first one looks like a 5 year old raided his mom's closet, the second is wearing women's clothes and the 3rd one looks like the kid that you cheated off in science class and go his ass beat EVREYDAY. Yet these are supposed to the best looking people and clothes in the world right now? stupid stupid stupid.

Latest posts

Back