Anyone built a DIY sink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p40whk

Reaction score
Some of the sinks and utility tubs are to big for my brew area and the custom sizes are too expensive. Was wondering if anyone had built their own out of plywood and epoxy or any other material for that matter?

You might be able to use shower pan liner. Comes in a 4 foot width, then you buy how much length you need.

Not sure where you are going here...if a premade sink/tub won't fit, why would a homemade one fit?

Do you have a nearby bathroom with shower or tub? I find the removable spray head (connects via a valve that screws in behind the shower head) does a pretty good job.

My brew area is in my one car garage so it's narrow. I have water and drainage available and could put a utility tub in but then couldn't get the car in.

What I need is a sink that's about 24" long X 16" wide (from the wall out) X 16" deep.

I can either mount the faucet on the wall or on one of the long ends.

This would basically be like a trough. Big enough to completely submerge my primary fermenter and any long items such as my auto siphon or thief.

My brew area is in my one car garage so it's narrow. I have water and drainage available and could put a utility tub in but then couldn't get the car in.

What I need is a sink that's about 24" long X 16" wide (from the wall out) X 16" deep.

I can either mount the faucet on the wall or on one of the long ends.

This would basically be like a trough. Big enough to completely submerge my primary fermenter and any long items such as my auto siphon or thief.

What about a utility sink on a mobile base and casters, plumbed with washing-machine supply hoses? Wheel it out, screw onto water supplies, do your washing (with it draining into your drain). When done wrap it all up and wheel out of the way. Store stuff in it when not in use.

broadbill said:
What about a utility sink on a mobile base and casters, plumbed with washing-machine supply hoses? Wheel it out, screw onto water supplies, do your washing (with it draining into your drain). When done wrap it all up and wheel out of the way. Store stuff in it when not in use.

That's a great idea! Although I'd have to find a place to put it. That may be the route I go if I can find a cheap tub.

Recently put together a portable sink, no plumbing in the garage so this will go in the driveway or on the lawn on brew days. Multiple hose fittings and a standard faucet give me enough connections to have everything all connected at once on brew day. Still going to add quick connects on the side faucet and top deck hose fittings for ease of use. Cold water only, but can fill with hot water by capturing the output of my immersion chiller for after-brew cleanup.

ForumRunner_20130926_140928.png

ForumRunner_20130926_140952.png

ForumRunner_20130926_141012.png

ForumRunner_20130926_141042.png

ForumRunner_20130926_141104.png

ForumRunner_20130926_141128.png

You can use starboard to fab a sink. It's used in marine applications (boats) all the time. Basically plastic plywood type stuff. 5 pieces, some screws and caulk/silicon. You can make any size tub you want and it will last forever. Drill a hole for drain and plumb it up.

You can use starboard to fab a sink. It's used in marine applications (boats) all the time. Basically plastic plywood type stuff. 5 pieces, some screws and caulk/silicon. You can make any size tub you want and it will last forever. Drill a hole for drain and plumb it up.

"starboard" and "marine"...............I got it!..........:D

Got a link to this stuff, perhaps?

Back