• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Overbought Columbus hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call shenanigans.
I will be filing a claim with PP later today.
He is being very undude.

I havent gotten mine either and sent the payment on 4/23. I emailed him as well and no response. Ill be filing a claim with pp as well.

If he would just email us and let us know whats going on. That is a lot of money out there. I am gonna file my complaint here soon. I have a couple of emails to him as well.

Sent money on 22 APR>

Looks like the nice guys lose out. I decided to be nice and pay the PP fees but in doing so apparently forfeited my right to dispute (since it wasn't marked as a good or service). Ohh well live and learn.

Looks like the nice guys lose out. I decided to be nice and pay the PP fees but in doing so apparently forfeited my right to dispute (since it wasn't marked as a good or service). Ohh well live and learn.

Is that when you send the money as a "gift" you forfeit the right to dispute?

Did any of you get his address? I propose that someone close to him pays him a visit to get some clarification of his intentions. If you have his email address, you can probably get his address using Google.

Sacdan said:
Did any of you get his address? I propose that someone close to him pays him a visit to get some clarification of his intentions. If you have his email address, you can probably get his address using Google.

I have his email adress. I say we hunt this f***er down and bring him to justice somehow. I dont care how petty it might seem. Theft is theft.

I did not buy anything from him, but have been ripped off before on another forum. I don't think he needs any bodily injury, but if someone was to call him and let him know that people know where he lives, that might be enough to change his heart on this matter. I thought this was a strange thread in that he was selling so much. At one point he said that he only had a couple (2) pounds left. I think he stated that he sold 2 pounds and then said there were more. There is also the possibility that there was a family emergency or even possibly that he is ill or died. I recommend getting his phoine number and calling first.

I've been watching this thread as well. I think instead of you guys saying "shortly" about filing a claiim, you should say "just filed my claim". It looks like you all got jacked, so why wait? I know I woulda had my claim filed alrready. A week from payment day is enough time to have hops in hand

Before everyone goes all shock trooper on the dude, if he really was at the Craft Brewing festival in SD it was the 3rd & 4th which coincides with his last activity of 5-1-2012 on the forum.

Why not give him a few more days to respond before snaping to a judgement. if it really was a scam, let the moderators know and get him banned, then file a claim with paypal. If you sent it as a gift you're likely SOL.. but I can't imagine anyone is out enough $$ to warrant threats of bodily harm. RDWHAHB ffs people. ;)

mikeysab said:
I've been watching this thread as well. I think instead of you guys saying "shortly" about filing a claiim, you should say "just filed my claim". It looks like you all got jacked, so why wait? I know I woulda had my claim filed alrready. A week from payment day is enough time to have hops in hand

Paypal makes you wait 30 days to put a claim in I believe

I bought a $800 led sign on eBay a few years from a guy and he was literately hit head on by another car and was in surgery for months. His father kept emailing saying he's alive but he didn't know where my sign was. Eventually I got it. I didn't have my sign or my money for months because a life threatening accident really did happen. Frustrating but true. My point is there could be a valid reason, or he's lazy, or a crook. Hard to know, but being proactive will protect your butt!

From posts of his I have gone though, this guy doesn't seem like he is a thief. He could use some better communication but he seems to be a decent guy. I hope everything is ok and I really don't want my money back. I want the product.

Hope everything works out

Hey guys im sorry everyone for not responding to anyone. My home was broken into while I was in california at the craft beer festival. Lost my computers among everything. It looks like paypal has locked my account. After speaking with them they have have told me that for some reason I cannot access my account and wont be able to. I did ask them to refund everyones money. I dont want to rip anyone one off and im sorry if anyone thinks they did. I think there was maybe 1 person that sent money as a gift and i will make sure you get your money back also, along with everyone else. Im sorry again everyone!

P.S. you might have to file a claim since i cant just go on the site and refund you( since they locked the account.)

Hey newbrewjay,

Sorry for your lose man. I don't want my money back if you still have the hops. Feel free to send them my way. Hope you get back on your feet

Matt

they've locked my account before (due to logging in with a "strange" device)

and after calling and answering 20 questions they were able to unlock it....

might not be the case for you...just saying...

also... thief s are real lowlifes.... just screws with your outlook on humanity....

He seemed like a good communicator at first. I did not buy as the last message I got said he was out. I was going back and forth about how much I wanted to buy. Good Luck eveyone.

crazyseany said:
also... thief s are real lowlifes.... just screws with your outlook on humanity....

I strongly agree. If youre being legit newbrewjay i ask for your forgiveness and am sorry for the loss. If its at all possible ill still take the hops. I believe that i might have been the one who sent the money as a gift. Dont use paypal much sorry.

Mark

Id like to know status as well I gifted so either hops or refund works for me. Just would like to know what is going on

I filed a paypal claim and got my money back last week. No communication from the guy since his last reply in the thread here.

Negative iTrader feedback provided. Since I was the nice guy and gave money via PayPal as money owed, I can't submit a claim. I did however request money, we'll see where that goes.

Latest posts

Back