• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2.5 Gal Firestone cornelius ball lock keg, racetrack lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toates

Reaction score
Ebay three day absolute auction for two seperate 2.5 Gal. ball lock kegs. These were found in a neighbors garage and haven't been used in 10+ years.

The rubber and washers need to be replaced but all the parts are there (except one poppet). The writing on the keg says:

Firestone Steel Products Co.
Spartanburg, SC
Max cap. 2.5 GAL

I will attempt to describe as best I can what is included. Please refer to the detailed pictures as well. It is all aluminum or steel construction with the black plastic molded base. The posts, washers and one poppet are included but all the rubber washers, poppets and/or seals need to be replaced. It was not pressure tested but there are no holes in the keg, no dents. Both the gas in and liquid out posts are included. There is a long aluminum liquid pickup tube and a approx. 1" plastic gas in tube. There are plastic washers that look to hold the poppet in place under the posts that need to be replaced. I believe the lid is a "racetrack" style oval lid. One has a blue/green plastic lid with a pressure release value in the center and the other is metal alum I think with a pressure release valve.

See detailed photos here:

Ebay Auction Keg 1
Link to detailed pics keg 1

Link to Auction 2
Link to detailed pics Keg 2

Discounted combined shipping is offered at actual cost for both items to the same buyer.

$(KGrHqZ,!jgE1uYT6qBnBNlT7p3yDg~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!l4E2EEKctCHBNlTiWenYQ~~_12.JPG

Thats a fair point. I should have added that the neighbors garage that it came from said that he acquired it in a storage warehouse purchase along with a bunch of other frozen drink machine stuff that has long since been thrown out. I would assume this was for the syrup drink mix. Doesn't have any other indications of non-food use.

Back