Simple Pale Ale Recipe input/suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espi

Reaction score
I am brewing tomorrow and was thinking of trying to put together my own recipe and wanted some feedback..

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 6.0 gal
Estimated OG: 1.049 SG
Estimated Color: 6.7 SRM
Estimated IBU: 27.5 IBU

Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item
3.00 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM)
3.00 lb Pale Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM)
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM)
0.50 oz Warrior [15.00 %] (60 min)
0.50 oz Warrior [15.00 %] (15 min)
1 Pkgs American Ale (Wyeast Labs #1056)

I know it is simple and kinda boring but I think it will be fine, just would like some input...

I am thinking it will work, as I would like one more homebrew for a birthday party I am hosting at my house the end of march. It should be quick.

I am open to suggestions as well. I have alot of the bits around the house but live 5 mins from the local HBS.

Thanks guys.

no need for the carapils, there should already be plenty of it from the extracts. maybe use some vienna instead. other than that, i'd add an aroma addition for the hops.

I love warrior hops, but not for what they add as far as hop flavor. I like them because they don't add much hop flavor. Since this a going to be very mild pale ale, I might move all the warrior up and add some "Big C" hops at 15 and 1 min. You will have a very balanced American pale ale which by definition is a hoppy style. Brewing to style doesn't always make great beer.

Back