Stupid drunks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
I hate people who do really really stupid things while they are drunk. My so called best friend is the king of doing stuff like this.

Last night we went to his house to celebrate his birthday, we were having a great time, and decided to move the party to a bar. So we were in his driveway waiting for a cab, when he jumps in his piece of **** car and backs it into the front bumper of my 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT. ****in idiot.

Now what do you do?? Can't go through insurance, can't call the cops....he doesn't have the money to fix it. Man I am pissed. Now I am stuck with the bill to fix it. Might have to sell my skidoo. What a yahoo. He is 33 years old, and it is time for him to grow the **** up.

He'd be paying for it, if he was my friend. Otherwise, he'd no longer be a friend. A true friend would own up to it though and do whatever it takes to rectify the situation. Payments, even if takes awhile.

If he can't pay for it, maybe he could work it off, like mowing your grass for a year. I think it would build resentment over time.

Small claims court might be an option if you dis-own him.

That's down right $hitty, and it sucks to be you. :(

Thirty-Three is too old to be screwing over a "best friend." It's one thing to be a jackhole at 19, and maybe even expected. It's all part of the experience. Been there. But at 33 a guy needs to make it right. If he doesn't then he's no friend.

Just my old man's opinion.

Now what do you do?? Can't go through insurance, can't call the cops....he doesn't have the money to fix it. Man I am pissed. Now I am stuck with the bill to fix it. Might have to sell my skidoo.

Its drivable right??? Let it go until one you can save up to fix it. I would NOT sell one of my toys to fix a friend's screw-up.

The longer it goes unfixed, the more guilty he might feel about the thing. I'd park the thing in his driveway today and let him ponder on how fix the situation.

If I left it in his driveway he would probably just back into it again. Dude has had everything given to him in life. The car he drives is his mom's car, his parents gave him his house, he doesn't understand what it is like to buy something and own it himself.

The car is drivable, I don't know the extent of the damage yet, but that doesn't even matter, regardless he is a dill hole in my eyes.

Its still a bit early, have you talked to him today yet?

Was he coherent at all after he did it or was he 3 sheets to the wind? Prolly had no business going to the bar, but functional enough to crawl into a car.

I'm guessing it was blackout time, he might not believe what happened. If that's the case he might feel alot of guilt, if not, you don't need a friend like that.

If mom and dad give him everything I'd get an estimate and give it to him, and or his parents. If he is a friend he'll figure out a way to fix it. You could always go through insurance if you're willing to alter your story, cops likely wouldn't respond to a fender bender on private property anyway so how do they know when and how it happened?

Well I saw him today, he wouldn't talk to me, he wouldn't even look at me. I tried to call him, but he won't answer. He is pretty immature if you ask me. I will wait a few days and see what he does.

I checked the damage today and it is mostly cosmetic, I think if I put a license plate on the front, then you wouldn't even notice it. I don't feel like going through insurance because it will raise my insurance.

I backed into a friends car once. Sober, if that makes it any better. It was late and the damage was cosmetic. We decided to call my insurance in the morning. I did. Told them I just slap backed into the car. Thought I had more room. They had her bring her car in for an estimate and paid for the repair. That's it. No cops. No investigation.

My roommate at the time, was parked in the driveway next to my truck and thought he had more room than he did, and ran his rear bumper all the way down the side of my truck. Dented and scratched the cab and the side of the bed. He called his insurance company and they had it fixed, no questions asked.

If you file the claim a few days later, and say that your friend just forgot to look behind him, then there is no alcohol involved, and his insurance pays for it, or your insurance pays for it. Your rates will not go up if you not in the car at the time. If so, then tell that insurance company to stick it and find someone else.

Actually it has something to do with tiering. They won't surcharge you technically but it could cause you to be put into a different tier that has a higher pricing structure. Teiring can be based on total claims and accidents without concern of fault.

Actually it has something to do with tiering. They won't surcharge you technically but it could cause you to be put into a different tier that has a higher pricing structure. Teiring can be based on total claims and accidents without concern of fault.

Thats how my insurance is. Your official insurance rates dont go up, but they stop giving you a discount on your rate if you have had any claim in the last 12 months. After 12 months you get the discount again. I never even knew that my rate was discounted. I just thought that what I was paying was my rate. They get you one way or another (at least in my experience)

33, had car and house given to him and he can't afford to pay to fix your car? What is going on there?? I think demanding he pay for it might be one of the best things you can do for him.

He actually sounds like my younger brother. :(

I barley speak to my mother anymore because she is doing the exact same things for him. :off:

My BIL has a D bag friend who is just like that. The moron actually fell coming down the stairs while carrying one of my kids after I told him not to touch my kids. The official police report says that he "fell" while intoxicated and rolled down a hill. The cop stood there and watched me beat his ass for a few minutes until he stopped me and took the idiot to the drunk tank. I had been telling my BIL and SIL that he was going to hurt someone one day and they thought I was the dumb one. Sometimes it is not worth staying friends with people even if you've known them for years. Might be cost a couple of bucks to fix your car but at least he didn't pin you between the two of them.

If he didn't have the money/wasn't willing to find the money, I'd be on the phone with the insurance.

I don't have pictures, but like I said, it is mostly cosmetic. I was drunk when it happened and it looked worse than it was. I picked up the car after my original post, and you can see some small hairline cracks in the paint, and big scrape. Nothing that my photography skills will pick up. I am going to put a Homebrewing License plate on the front of the car when I get a few minutes to make one. The scrape is right beneath where the front plate should be.

Back