Water on the Moon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainbeers

Reaction score
NASA reported yesterday that they have found "significant" water on the moon.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/11/water-on-the-moon-lcross-kicks-ice/

Sounds like a big deal to me. I just don't really know why. Maybe one day it will be like the movie Total Recall where they have to set off the nuclear reactor so the ice releases oxygen into the atmosphere...

Last edited by a moderator:
NASA reported yesterday that they have found "significant" water on the moon.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/11/water-on-the-moon-lcross-kicks-ice/

Sounds like a big deal to me. I just don't really know why. Maybe one day it will be like the movie Total Recall where they have to set off the nuclear reactor so the ice releases oxygen into the atmosphere...

Big deal? Oh my this is a huge deal! This means we can brew on the moon!:ban: Hey, has anyone seen the water profile yet? I wonder what styles will be best with moon water?

You do know that's just "code" don't you. It really means the bombing run we made on the secret Nazi Moonbase was successful, and they won't be invading like they planned in 2018.

Those of us "in the know" understand that the whole "searching for water on the moon" was just a cover story for the pre-emptive first strike we made on those bloody moon nazis. :D

It's all about stopping this from happening.

(Actually it is cool...I wonder what the water profile on the moon is, and what kind of beer we could make with it, using that Japanese Space yeast of course.)

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know that's just "code" don't you. It really means the bombing run we made on the secret Nazi Moonbase was successful, and they won't be invading like they planned in 2018.

Those of us "in the know" understand that the whole "searching for water on the moon" was just a cover story for the pre-emptive first strike we made on those bloody moon nazis. :D

It's all about stopping this from happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80

(Actually it is cool...I wonder what the water profile on the moon is, and what kind of beer we could make with it, using that Japanese Space yeast of course.)

OT but this movie doesn't look half bad!

I think moon brew would have to be something along the lines of a Fascist Imperial Pilsner. Purest ingredients, blond color, with enough hops and alcohol to survive the long journey back to earth.

The temperature on the moon varies from -387 Fahrenheit (-233 Celsius), at night, to 253 Fahrenheit (123 Celsius) during the day.

Talk about having to regulate fermentation temps!

The temperature on the moon varies from -387 Fahrenheit (-233 Celsius), at night, to 253 Fahrenheit (123 Celsius) during the day.

Talk about having to regulate fermentation temps!

Fortunately, the moon is tidally locked. As long as you brew a session beer, it'll be done fermenting before you have to deal with the changing ambient temp!

Big deal? Oh my this is a huge deal! This means we can brew on the moon!:ban: Hey, has anyone seen the water profile yet? I wonder what styles will be best with moon water?

519722475_180cb8847c.jpg

Sorry. :D

Considering that the water is concentrated in the far south of the moon, maybe we should look into polish brews.

Finding water on the moon will make it much easier for the Chinese to colonize. They won't have to boost water up the Earth's gravity well.

Given the intensity of the sunlight in space, with water readily available, you can make H2 and O2. Best rocket fuel around. At the poles, you can have PV panels in the sun all the time (except for lunar eclipses).

So the lesson here is to just keep bombing s*** until you hit pay dirt?
No, I think the lesson is you can't find someone you're not looking for...

Oh, sure you can be out on patrol for a lifetime, but if the Intel is bad so is the search...

Hey, why not send him a Christmas card (I know Muslims don't celebrate Christmas)...maybe the postal service can get it delivered to him...just put a tracker on the envelope... :D

Collecting toys for Christmas for the Albanians in Kosovo was one of my peeves. IMO, the Pentagon was insensitive to the Muslims since they don't celebrate Christmas.

Me and the guys I were with just drove down the streets handing out toys to all the kids. It didn't matter what day it was. ;)

Brewing beer on the moon sounds loony to me, but if it were than it would have to low gravity. 1/6 th gravity to be exact. And probably a lambic so you could use up those cheesy hops.

Back