2nd batch help wanted/needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosmatt

Reaction score
hello all.
my first batch is getting bottled after 15 days, to make room for batch # 2... it was alight ass beer anyway (5.2lbs lme for 5 gal brew) so i dont think another week is going to make much difference....
i did a 2 gal cider today in a mr beer keg :)

anyway....
I have the ingredients below on hand. next brew will be comprised said ingredients. need help with amounts....

trying to make something that mimics a porter of sorts.... does not have to be true of the beer per se, but i would like the body, with some serious chocolate aftertones...(wife loves choc poret from dechutes- "black butte")

here is what i have:
4 lbs extra light LME
4 lbs darm LME
1 LB chocolate 600
1 lb crystal 60
1 lb roasted barley 620
2 oz willamette hops
2 oz kent goldings
4 oz maltodextrin
s-04 yeast--- or repitch 001 whiute labs from first brew?????)

lemme know what your thoughts are if you would...

brew day is tomorrow, with what i have. no time for more ingredients, no local brew store :(

thanks!

i already have a recipe i made with beersmith, but i would like to hear other ideas before i commit!

Use all the light and darm LME crystal 60 and maltdextrin and about half or more of the chocolate. S-04 would be good. I'm not sure about the hops, I guess 1.5-2 oz Willamette at 60. If you use any of the roasted keep it to just a few oz. or you'll end up with a stout.

Back