Any interest in a CFC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its02003

Reaction score
I have extra materials to build a CFC with black rubber hose (Sears) and interior copper. Its 25 ft in length.

The price will probably be around 55ish plus shipping (FedEx from 06248.) Know if you are interested.

For anyone who may have been lurking and wondering if this was something they wanted, I just finished mine Friday night.

Here are some photos:

DSC_0785_1.JPG

DSC_0789_1.JPG

DSC_0790.JPG

It is a very nice chiller. I'm not financially interested now, but that may change.

The soldered fittings on the end are a little messy at the moment, but once I have some time, they will spiff up pretty nicely with some steel wool.

Looking good, try hitting those copper fittings with a light coat of flux (NOT AMOS SPHEARS) and an acid brush then heat it very very lightly with your torch, while it is still hot hit it with a spray bottle with a mild soap and water mix in it then wipe clean with a rag or paper towel. It will shine like you ran it throuogh a coin polisher. Thats how us old time plumbers make our copper piping systems look like art sculptures. If you practice this while your are doing the initial soldering let the solder cool just enough to where it stops shining then hit the whole fitting and pipe with a very light coat of flux then soap and wipe.

Back