Found a new desert!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFAJ Brew Guy

Reaction score
Don't really think that this is a food and beer paring so I thought I would post it here. Anyway I just got finished brewing up a batch and was looking at the small amount of extra light LME that I had and a thought occurred to me. It looked and had about the same consistency of frozen caramel, and thought why not. Took a spoon and drizzled it over some vanilla ice cream. Hey guess what? It was pretty good.

Anyway just thought I would share my alternate use for LME!

You got me thinking about beer flavored ice cream and I stumbeled on this. Never seen it in our grocery store

Black & Tan Original Ice Cream Pints New in 2006!
Cream stout ice cream swirled with chocolate ice cream

We've no idea how many Ben & Jerry's fans might be beer enthusiasts, but we suspect that once you've tasted the way we've blended real cream stout ice cream with a whirl of chocolate ice cream, you might soon be raising more than a few pints of Black & Tan - and more than a few brew-aha!'s too.

7684010076.gif

Edit:

I guess you can have a nukie ice cream too now

AFAJ Brew Guy said:
Don't really think that this is a food and beer paring so I thought I would post it here. Anyway I just got finished brewing up a batch and was looking at the small amount of extra light LME that I had and a thought occurred to me. It looked and had about the same consistency of frozen caramel, and thought why not. Took a spoon and drizzled it over some vanilla ice cream. Hey guess what? It was pretty good.

Anyway just thought I would share my alternate use for LME!

Its pretty good on Sausage and Pancakes too! Just ask my SWMBO, she grabbed a jug of wheat LME a couple of monthes ago during brekfast. We buy Maple Syrup from a little Cider Mill by my house and they come in the same little jugs, She drowned her food in it and when I got out of bed I noticed it and told her, She said " I thought it was coming out slow" lol shes something else

M-M-M-M Beer flavored Ice Cream!

I think thats cool coming from Ben and Jerry's. I wonder if that is the base for the Donut + Beer ice cream that did when the Simpson's movie came out?

Pancakes, huh? I will have to try that one next!

Back