SPA panel question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazuka

Reaction score
I plan on converting over to all electric and have a question regarding the SPA panel.

I would like to do the following:
Four prong male connector - SPA panel - Four prong female connector
No other receptacles in between (such as on the spa panel), use cord grip to hold the 10/4 cord on the spa panel box?

I live in an apartment and have no need to use this spa panel for anything other than brewing. I will disconnect from the dryer outlet when not is use and store on my brewing cart.

Opinions are appreciated!

I'd personally feel weary of using just a cordgrip when moving around ten, fifteen or more feet of big and heavy 10/4 cable.

yea, it should be ok to do what you describe, but you want to make sure the cord will not pull out of the box and is very securely fastened (and also will not chafe on any sharp metal ends if you will be moving it around often).

I appreciate the comments! Like most brewers I have a budget and hoping to eliminate the need to buy another receptacle and plug. However I may end up having to purchase these anyway depending on the cost of high quality cord grips.

I got the aluminum grips from McMaster that kal used in his build. They seem to be good quality and were rather cheap if I remember correctly. Might start there.

Lowes has high quality cord grips that come in fairly narrow allowable cord diameter ranges. So you can find the cord grip that is the proper diameter for a 10/4 cable and expect it do hold tightly. I used those grips throughout my system.

Back