My Brew Cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizer8

Reaction score
I just started brewing a little over a month ago, but I quickly realized that I needed a dedicated place to store my equipment and ferment my beer. So I decided to build a cabinet out of a couple sheets of plywood and some 2x4's. It is wide enough to have 3 carboys side by side and 2 deep. That way I can have as many as 6 batches going at once in a dark place. I also have storage up above for all my smaller equipment and ingredients.

It was really easy to make and didn't cost very much. What do you guys think?

I have some peg board I am gonna put on the back to hang things and I think I am gonna put some PC fans on the bottom with a temp controller so the I can keep it a constant temp. Any other suggestions on how to improve it?

ForumRunner_20111110_121030.jpg

ForumRunner_20111110_121257.jpg

Very cool, and love the simplicity. What are you gonna use for temp control? You mentioned PC fans & temp controller, but what's your source of cooling/heating?

You could insulate pretty easily with polystyrene insulation board from Home Depot

I was just planning on using an array of fans on the back controlled by a simple thermister circuit with a potentiometer so I could adjust the temp. I don't know if I could get it cold enough for lagering temps so I don't think I will need anything to keep it warm.

I do plan on putting some insulation board in there when I add the fans. Shouldn't be too hard.

Back