• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Partial wholesale honey for mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhimWhamWhom

Reaction score
I am looking for 60lbs (5gal) of honey for purchase at a reasonable price, I do not retail...I just make mead. I would like to strive for the total purchase (Including shipping), to average somewhere near $3-ish a pound. (I probably could buy two a year if I got lucky. Im also could see if I can find friends for group buys if possible). My local connection can get me a gallon at most per year. I would like to stick to local or AL state/Southern TN honey but Im open for any suggestions around the US. Ive only found maybe one or two that could handle that in the US. Feel free to message me or email.

[email protected]

Honey is some heavy stuff so your going to be looking at some cost with shipping, no matter where you buy from. My father is a beer keeper here in S. Texas and I would hook up anyone on HBTalk with a good price in the honey but again, the stuff is very dense.

If you are interested, I can get Wisconsin honey (mix of plant sources for bees and some of the honey is pretty dark) in 5 gal buckets for about $3.15 lb. Not sure what freight would be...

Have you tried contacting all of the homebrew clubs within a certain radius and asking them where their mead makers get their honey? There is a beekeeper/mead maker in my homebrew club that brings a bunch of honey to every meeting and sells a full gallon (12+ lb) of wildflower honey for $25. He brings at least 10 gal to every meeting and is always making several trips to his truck.

Or just try to find a beekeeper that's not too far away.

jaginger said:
no idea the quality, but costo near me sells honey for $2/lb. That may or may not suit your needs.

+1, Sam's and costco are $2.00/lb. For all natural clover honey. It comes in a 5lb container- only afforable option in my mind

If there are any meaderies around you, you could ask them. I have one by me and the owner has no problem selling me honey. Since I am getting it from a professional meadery I know the quality is top notch.

You could also ask any brewpubs near you since they might us it in some of their beers or meads.

Have you tried contacting all of the homebrew clubs within a certain radius and asking them where their mead makers get their honey? There is a beekeeper/mead maker in my homebrew club that brings a bunch of honey to every meeting and sells a full gallon (12+ lb) of wildflower honey for $25. He brings at least 10 gal to every meeting and is always making several trips to his truck.

Or just try to find a beekeeper that's not too far away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
We are looking at a group buy. I would also consider a 55 gal buy.

Back