New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FermentEd

Owner, Co-Founder Pollyanna Brewing Company
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Some of us west/southwest Chicago burb brewers are pulling together a New Homebrew Club.

If you’re a homebrewer from Plainfield, Naperville, Oswego, Joliet, Aurora, Bolingbrook or anywhere in between and beyond, please join us at 7:00 PM on Thursday, September 9th at Limestone Brewing Company (12337 S Route 59 Plainfield, IL 60585).

You can bring samples of your homebrews and meet local fellow homebrewers. We will discuss aspects related to forming this new club, such as: club name (we’ll be looking for some creative suggestions from you!), club officers, club activities, future events, contests, etc.

Limestone Brewing Company is offering a 20% discount on food items! Meet Ken McMullen, Limestone’s Brewmaster. Enjoy an evening out and be part of something new!

If you are interested, reply here or contact us at our temporary email: [email protected]

We're in the process of organizing the club. Currently we are meeting on the second Thursday of every month. Our next meeting is Thursday October 14th at 7:00 PM. at Limestone Brewing Company in Plainfield, IL. Come and check us out. You can also contact us at [email protected]. Hope to see you at our next meeting!
Cheers!

Ed,
I had a great time last night!
Thanks for all the work you have done so far and Congratulations on being elected the President. :mug:
Thanks so much Rick. It was a pleasure meeting you. The honey wheat you brought was excellent! I'm really looking forward to future events with the club. Maybe P.A.L.E. and the Headhunters can combine efforts to sponsor some activities.

Congrats Ed! It was a good time, I am amazed at the turn out... I would guess around 25? Good to know that there are that many brewers in the area!

I am very much looking forward to future events!

John.

Yeah, Rick, I want that Honey Wheat Recipe! One of the very best beers of the night, for sure! Just to update, the club now has a name: Plainfield Ale & Lager Enthusiasts (P.A.L.E.). Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 11th. If you haven't made a meeting yet, pencil in the 11th. Also, Limestone Brewing gives P.A.L.E. members 20% off their food orders during the meeting!

Yeah, Rick, I want that Honey Wheat Recipe! One of the very best beers of the night, for sure! Just to update, the club now has a name: Plainfield Ale & Lager Enthusiasts (P.A.L.E.). Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 11th. If you haven't made a meeting yet, pencil in the 11th. Also, Limestone Brewing gives P.A.L.E. members 20% off their food orders during the meeting!

I PM'd the recipe to you.

I guess next meeting we are going to have to say who is who on this board at the meeting. The only reason I figured out it was Ed was because he uses his name. :p

Hey! I live in Minooka and just started brewing. So far I have made an apple cider mead from this site, an oktoberfest partial mash, a hard cider, and an oatmeal stout that I plan on splitting into half. The first half I plan on straight bottles and the other half I plan on racking it onto crispy bacon for two weeks! I plan on making it an oatmeal bacon breakfast stout. This is the test...does bacon really make EVERYTHING better? I also just got into kegging. I am interested in coming to a meeting and learning from you all....since my Oktoberfest after a month still tastes and smells like IDOPHER!!! Damn Idopher...I am a starsan man now!!! When and where??

Hey! I live in Minooka and just started brewing. So far I have made an apple cider mead from this site, an oktoberfest partial mash, a hard cider, and an oatmeal stout that I plan on splitting into half. The first half I plan on straight bottles and the other half I plan on racking it onto crispy bacon for two weeks! I plan on making it an oatmeal bacon breakfast stout. This is the test...does bacon really make EVERYTHING better? I also just got into kegging. I am interested in coming to a meeting and learning from you all....since my Oktoberfest after a month still tastes and smells like IDOPHER!!! Damn Idopher...I am a starsan man now!!! When and where??
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Check us out at www.palebrewers.org

Ed, Anything I need to know if I were to make it to a meeting? I may be home early from a work trip and not working that night.

Ed, Anything I need to know if I were to make it to a meeting? I may be home early from a work trip and not working that night.
When you get to Limestone just ask the hostess to direct you to the homebrew club meeting. We may be meeting in a different room than previous meetings. Bring some homebrew to share if you have any, otherwise no worries. We are still working on the agenda for the meeting. Some of the topics will be Learn to Homebrew Day, club logo design contest and the holiday social event. No pressure - just come out to meet fellow homebrewers and have a good time. Limestone offers 20% discount on food to club members. I suggest you email us at [email protected] so we can put you on our mailing list.
Cheers!

Hello, my name is Rickey and I'm new to home brewing. I live in the Crest Hill are, and heard about this club at te Midwest brewers fest. Is it still meeting and in operation? If so, where do yall meet? I would love to join and start sharing my brew. Thanks in advance for any information posted in reply.

Rickey

Hello, my name is Rickey and I'm new to home brewing. I live in the Crest Hill are, and heard about this club at te Midwest brewers fest. Is it still meeting and in operation? If so, where do yall meet? I would love to join and start sharing my brew. Thanks in advance for any information posted in reply.

Rickey
Hi Rickey –

We used to meet at Limestone Brewing Company until they closed last March. We are in the process of finding a permanent meeting place. We have been meeting at the Bolingbrook golf club until our last meeting which was at Solemn Oath Brewing in Naperville. Next month we will meet at Mickey O'Neill's Irish Pub @ 24102 W. Lockport Street in Plainfield. We meet the first Thursday of every month at 7pm. The next meeting is on October 4th. I will guarantee that we will have a crowd on hand as we have over 130 members (although we typically have 60-70 attend meetings) and the space we’ll be in is nice but a little tight for that many people. I suggest you get there early and introduce yourself to Chris our president or me (Ed). There is a ton of information at our website: http://www.palebrewers.org/

We look forward to seeing you there!
Cheers!

Sorry for the bump, but Brandon has been suggesting that I make it o one of your meetings. When is then next one?

Next meeting is this coming Thursday 7th - at Bolingbrook Golf Course (Kennedy room) at 7pm in Plainfield IL (on 119th street).

If you have homebrew bring some to share - we have a "business" part of the meeting (30mins or so) and social, where we just share homebrew (!!!) You are welcome to come a bit early and support our hosts and purchase some dinner or beer in the Crows Nest Bar. We are generally an informal group, great bunch of brewers of all experience levels. We have a charter of over 100 members and 50+ ppl avg. meeting attendance. And without being too smug, you WILL have a great time.

email: [email protected]

Hope to see you there.

PALE

Back