best labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtanner

Reaction score
Hello friends,

What are the best labels to use to print your own design on and where do you buy them?

onlinelabels.com has an unbelievable number of labels; sizes, colors, transparent, ink or laser, pretty much anything you could possibly want. It's also very cheap for a whole bunch of labels.

I've been looking into onlinelabels.com as well, but haven't ordered anything yet. I was wondering if you've tried their labels and how the standard ones stick on the bottles vs. the removable labels? The removable ones sound good to me if they peel off easy for cleaning/reusing the bottles, but just want to make sure that they stay on well in the fridge (cold/humidity)?

Just use a laser printer, cut them out yourself and use a glue stick... Super easy to apply, and remove later. I do have a color laser printer here at home, so it makes things very easy, and cheap per page printed. Also means you don't need to worry about aligning when you print out, or paying for labels to be printed...

I've been using this site to generate the labels I print out: http://www.beerlabelizer.com/
You can even save the label as a jpg file and print it out later if you want...

At some point, I plan to design my own labels and just print them here. I like that option better, since it's cheaper, easier, and faster, than ordering even online... Plus, I can change them if I don't like them (until I do like them)...

Even better than the gluestick is just a dab of milk. I use 1% milk and a silocone brush. Get the back of the paper wet and slide it into place. Let it stick a bit then use a wet paper towel to clean it up.

Bonus, it's all-natural and comes off with no residue at all in a little warm water.

The key is to use a LASER printer and not ink. Otherwise, it will run.

Even better than the gluestick is just a dab of milk. I use 1% milk and a silocone brush. Get the back of the paper wet and slide it into place. Let it stick a bit then use a wet paper towel to clean it up.

Bonus, it's all-natural and comes off with no residue at all in a little warm water.

The key is to use a LASER printer and not ink. Otherwise, it will run.

I knew about using milk too, but since I rarely have any in my fridge, it's less of an option... Actually, the only milk I have is half 'n half that I use for making cream sauces. I get the smallest amount at a time that I can... A glue stick will last for many labels too. First time I used the glue stick, I covered the entire back of the label... More than I needed to use. Now, I make one pass down the middle, one on either side, and then two more spaced in the difference (if the label is large enough)... More than enough to get the labels to stick, easy to apply, and fast. Plus, I don't need to worry about having milk in the fridge for use. :D

IF I had milk on hand more often, I'd consider using it. But glue sticks are really cheap, and I don't need to use up fridge space for more milk... I'd rather have beer in it's place. :rockin:

I've been using this site to generate the labels I print out: http://www.beerlabelizer.com/
You can even save the label as a jpg file and print it out later if you want...

At some point, I plan to design my own labels and just print them here. I like that option better, since it's cheaper, easier, and faster, than ordering even online... Plus, I can change them if I don't like them (until I do like them)...

What type of paper do you use. That's an awesome site. Glue stick holds up?

Back