Cheap apple juice at Safeway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bokonon

Reaction score
Just saw an ad for 64oz apple juice at safeway for .99/each with a limit of 4. I've got a safeway around the corner, I might go a few times and stock up

Just saw an ad for 64oz apple juice at safeway for .99/each with a limit of 4. I've got a safeway around the corner, I might go a few times and stock up

I'm not a huge fan of the safeway brand AJ - the flavor IMHO isn't quite as clean as treetop or martinellis... but it certainly works and for .99 for half a gallon thats a damn good price. - blend it with some martinellis or tree top and make a fine budget Cider/Apfelwein.

I am using 4 gallons in my "blueberry apple monster" - we'll see how it comes out. Hoping that the 8 pounds of blueberries and 3 quarts of blueberry juice keep the safeway apple on the bottom of the flavor pile when finished.

I've used Safeway before but I always added a gallon of Motts Natural or Simply Apple juice. The best results I've ever had though were with straight Simply Apple juice when I found the half gallons on sale 2 for $4 a while ago....

Man, the cheapest I can find is MOTT's, at $6 a gallon.
I think I need a farm of apple trees, this stuff is addicting.

Back