Licensing/Trademarking your brand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamrock28

Reaction score
This question is for all the brewing companies on this site or anyone who has knowledge of this..What do you do when you want to license or trademark your brand? steps? costs involved?

I looked into it a couple years back for a knife I designed. Wanted to trademark the name and patent the design. Turned out both were more than I wanted to spend.
You can do it yourself without hiring a bottom feeder (lawyer). Don't recall where I found the info. Goggle it and you will come up with do it yourself info.
First thing is a T.M. search , then applications and fees , and then the actual T.M.
Be aware that not all T.M.'s will come up in the search , if you apply and the T.M. is already registered ,you don't get a refund on the fees.
Good luck

No , Did make and sell a few. Still do when the weather is nice but haven't worked on any in a while.
Once spring is here I'll probably fire up the forge and get back into it.

If you're BasicBrewingRadio you[tm] just[tm] put[tm] the trademark[tm] symbol[tm] everywhere[tm].

I'd buy one of their shirts[tm] if they didn't have multiple fuh-reaking trademarks all over them.

Back