Logo Critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiriusStarr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New logo for the brewery. Thoughts, critiques, etc.?

UPDATE: Original post was horribly worthless; new in-depth version below.

Firstly, this is not a commercial venture and will remain that way, barring my career going horribly south (which I am hoping it doesn't :D), so trademark/copyright concerns are a non-issue, and thoughts of target markets, etc. are of a bit less importance (though certainly still reasonable concerns).

I initially had resolved to have a brewery name and beer names that were themed and consistent. However, I quickly realized that A: there were just too many beers to have good names and B: that I quickly got bored having 20 beers with similar names. Accordingly, what I've done is organize my beers into named series, each with a consistent theme/label, the thought being that people who enjoy beers of that genre can have that consistency, while still allowing the brewery flexibility between series. For instance, one series might be all PNW-inspired brews (big, punchy, earthy, piney hops) or all traditional Belgian styles.

Accordingly, the challenge is that the brewery name/logo have to be fairly non-specific and appropriate across all of the series. Since some of the series are classy and others are comical, I am inclined to err on the side of classy, since a classy name can go with a comical series better than a comical name with a classy series. A second possible option would be to actually keep the name the same and change the logo to fit in with the style of each series. While this could be fun (since the same logo idea could be rendered in a variety of styles), it ultimately detracts from any coherency across series.

I have two options attached here, the pro's and con's as I see them listed.

Kitsune:
Pros: Classy, non-specific, artsy, will mesh well with elegant/mythological themed series.
Cons: People can't pronounce Japanese, maybe a bit out of place with some of the more tongue-in-cheek series.

Take Two (A reference to "take two and call me in the morning"):
Pros: References my profession (I'm an MD/PhD), will mesh well with the more tongue-in-cheek series.
Cons: Not really classy or elegant, maybe out of place with classier series.

Pardon the mass of text-spam. Any thoughts?

LogoSquare.jpg

TT.png

Can you tell us a bit more about your proposed target market, your point of difference, what makes your brewery unique, and what you are trying to communicate through your logo?

Back