I never tire of this time of year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macgyver71

Reaction score
My favorite time of the year....when the hop vines start shooting out of the ground...This will be my 3rd year, 1st year was outstanding (if people didn't know I just put them in they'd never beleive it was 1st year harvest), last year was even better, but showed me my trellis system was lacking, so this year I went taller, thicker pipes, and fingers crossed :)

(ETA: I don't know why they are showing upside-down...they were right side up in my gallery...sorry bout that)
Photo%20Apr%2017%2C%2019%2021%2056.jpg

Photo%20Apr%2017%2C%2019%2021%2048.jpg

Last year, before they over-ran the lines:
563349_4339787492409_350866686_n.jpg

620837_4488295445015_1517193688_o.jpg

Wait till about year 5,6,7... The 'tired' part slowly creeps up on you, haha!

Wait till about year 5,6,7... The 'tired' part slowly creeps up on you, haha!

Yeah, no doubt. I'll enjoy it while I can...and between trading and selling what I can't use, it helps offset costs for my hobby, so that will always bring a smile :D

I sent some candy to a guy named Bill over in Leavittown a while back. He grows hops, maybe you know him?

I sent some candy to a guy named Bill over in Leavittown a while back. He grows hops, maybe you know him?

'Tis I. Made my rounds to a half dozen shops, With just as many smiles....I'm hoping one of them picks you up so there's a local place carrying them, I'm not a fan of candy, but I am in LOVE with your stuff...the dark colored ones (green I think? I'm pretty colorblind) are exceptional. :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Can't work on the railroad if you can't see colors, not that I'd want anyone to go through that. Thanks for helping spread the hoppiness and maybe see you in Philly this June. Hop ON!

Go home photos, you're drunk!
I can't wait for mine to break ground (I'm a bit North of you)

They haven't even broke ground yet? I thought everywhere (Short of Maine, Michigan and Canada) had received enough warm weather to get them started (and better than last years warm spell to get them started, then frost for a few days to screw it up). Best of luck up there! :mug:

Back