• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

craigslist add feeler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakedasnake

Reaction score
This is a local guy trying to sell his setup, i think that it is a good deal and all i would like to keep is a carboy or 2 and along with a keg. I was thinking if i could just sell the rest of the stuff and break even on my money that i would be happy. Just seeing if anyone would like to take any of it if i pick it all up from this guy?
http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/bfs/2987545226.html

try and knock that price down a bit. In my opinion youll be paying too much at the asking price and will lose money trying to resell

Olive Drab said:
try and knock that price down a bit. In my opinion youll be paying too much at the asking price and will lose money trying to resell

I agree, that price is way too high. Usually a sale like this would go whatever the price for the big ticket items and the rest is tossed in for free/next to nothing.

That is my hunch too. You might break even, but barely, and it'll take selling everything. For rough estimates: $25-30 / carboy (total $180), $40/keg (total $120) that you want to sell. Not really sure what the co2 tank would sell for, and the regulator maybe $35. Maybe $20-30 for the mill and $20 for the capper too. The rest of the stuff will sell for a couple bucks here and there. That brings your total to ~$400 plus whatever you can get for the little pieces.

I have done a couple giant buy's from craigslist and each time got a LOT more stuff than that guy is selling for less money. Granted they were absolute steals and I was lucky, but IMO too much effort and money up front if all you want is a keg and a carboy.

Just my 2 cents.

I would take the blue carboy stand and the corona mill if you ship

Anyone else notice this
"It is easy fun and profitable...."

sounds like someone was selling his beer.

Anyone else notice this
"It is easy fun and profitable...."

sounds like someone was selling his beer.

Haha no I missed that! I guess it wasn't all that profitable for him or he wouldn't be selling everything. :tank:

Just noticed that it's in the "business/commercial - by owner" section of Craigslist too.

I don't see $500, not even $400...carboys and cornies are worth about $30. Even if you only pay 2-300 hundred, you could keep a few bits, but what a hassle trying to ship kegs and worse yet glass...

For me the only things there that I would pay any shipping for would be the kegs. Everything else I already have or would not even take for free - the glass carboys -

I'll be passing through in June and would be interested in a few kegs, blue carboy stands, and maybe a 6.5 carboy and 3gal. But also at the lower end resale value. PM me.

Back