Pony keg score?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've done extract with grains for quite some time now and now starting to slowly move to AG. My nephew suprised me last night with a SS pony keg. Any ideas what I might be able to use this for?

I was thinking HLT or maybe a smaller MLT.

But the big question is, how the heck do you get all that rubber padding of the dang thing?

Thanks

I am thinking that you could leave it on there and make an electric HLT, should work pretty good, since it's insulated. Check out my gallery I have a 1/2 barrel electric HLT, I think they work great.

Cheers

Thats not a bad idea wop, but this stuff is one piece and covers everything but the valve. I was looking to see where I would drill the hole for the plumbing and cant be sure if I was drilling to high or low with this stuff on. So I've already decided that it's coming off. But the electric HLT is going to bounce around my head for awhile.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back