HomeBrew + Baby's party = SUCCESS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinDave07

Reaction score
What a party! Only 2 rsvp’d but about 40 showed up, which is expected coming from a cuban family. The Homebrew hefeweizen was a hit considering it was like 98 F out!

Out of a 5 gal batch I'm left with 8 bottles. People that normally don't drink beer drank a lot. Hell, even my old-fashioned cuban grandfather-in-law that is strictly a red winedrinker downed a few!

I think the best comment was "It tastes like Sam Adams." We also had to keep the brew away from grandma as she was ALWAYS near the beer cooler :drunk:

The birthday girl, now 2 yrs old, in her Backyardigans mask:

P5090062.jpg

Here are the distinguished guests:

P5080028.jpg

You can guarantee a good time with beer and cool whip :D

Is it me, or is plastering beer bottles with a baby's face a little, .... off?

Sounds like a blast though. Probably would have been even more fun if you would have left Grandma in CHARGE of the beer fridge.

Heh, thanks guy. I did AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen. You can actually notice the sediment on the bottom of the bottles on the top rack :)

Neat idea...so are you planning to cellar a bottle for baby's 21st birthday party???

It may not taste good, but it'd be a cool gift!

I have been thinkin about it. I might wait a few months when i go AG to maybe do a Barley Wine or a RIS and age that bad boy for 19-20 years.

I know that i will have to hide it REAL good though, it's hard enough to wait a few weeks for homebrew to carb :D

Is it me, or is plastering beer bottles with a baby's face a little, .... off?

Baby on a beer bottle is disturbing, but handing out cigars with 'It's A Boy' makes sense? Second-hand beering, while not completely impossible, is at least much less likely than smoke...

Back