Partigyle Coffee.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just realised I'm partigyling my coffee at work.

I fill the filter 3/4 full and the water level half full.
I then take the first cup and refill the water.

I like my first cup strong and may have a later one dure in the day.
The rest of the guys come in after me and get the weaker stuff. (How they like it)

I knew brewing knowledge must me transfareable somewhere!:rockin:

Like second infusions with a suitable tea. Man have I been into tea lately. Oh best tea purveyor stateside:

www.uptontea.com

The best service and great product. Ok so it's OT but hey :D

Pshaw. Most of the time I get my coffee at home so I can control the quality---I'm a freakin' snob like you wouldn't believe.

But when I do make coffee here---say, in the afternoon just for the caffeine---I'll make a half-batch and use twice as much grounds. It's thick and the strength makes up for the drop in quality (it's not THAT bad tho).

People are usually quick to figure out that I've made it---and they'll water it down in their cups. Our machine is hard-plumbed into the water lines and is computer controlled, so I don't really have the option to just making a cup. One button does half pot, the other button does full pot. So, whatever---they deal.

When I travel and the hotel has those little coffee maker packets, I'll use both the regular & de-caf packets & half the water. Sometimes I miss the espresso machine at my previous job, but for what it cost, I can buy a compact tractor!

david_42 said:
Sometimes I miss the espresso machine at my previous job, but for what it cost, I can buy a compact tractor!

True dat, but in reality the main thing is that the machine can deliver at least 15 bar quickly, and have proper infusion temp. There are a few good machines on the market sub $350, but it's still a lot of dough imho. I'd much rather drink Espresso over 'regular' coffee. One of these days....

I've been going to this coffee place Aqua Java lately. It's the only place I've been too that makes coffee a cup at a time, and I'm from Austin! Anyway, it's a nice joint. They roast thier own beans and make each cup individually.

I'm going to suggest they "vorlauf" thier first runnings though bc the last 1/4" of the cup is always full of grounds. I think they'll look at me weird though.

zoebisch01 said:
True dat, but in reality the main thing is that the machine can deliver at least 15 bar quickly, and have proper infusion temp. There are a few good machines on the market sub $350, but it's still a lot of dough imho. I'd much rather drink Espresso over 'regular' coffee. One of these days....

We've got this DeLonghi machine at home. Had it for about 3 or 4 years now, and never had a problem with it. It gets mixed reviews on amazon, but I have nothing but good things to say about it. The wife got it for me as an xmas present, but I think she paid less than the going price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this one for the office.
It does the job.

I do latte maybe once a week. The rest is filter.
BC0264.jpg

Something a little more serious for home...

pict0002eh3.jpg

And I Fly Sparge.

I wonder how it would turn out if you used a reiterative method instead of just taking the strong first runnings. I'm guessing it would be quite bold.

Back