Happiness is the first real good homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did it! I brewed a winner!

After quitting brewing about ten years ago because all my beers had a horrible flavor (now I know it may be extract twang flavor, but maybe not) I tried again a couple months ago with the same result. I didn't want to quit again, so I figured I'd switch to all grain and gave it another try.

I just popped the cap on my first AG brew - the ESB from the Dry Dock Brewing site. After two weeks in the bottle the carbonation is right on and the beer tastes AWESOME!!!:tank: It's still a bit green, so it will be even better in a few weeks. :mug:

Sorry for the self-congratulatory post, but the banana made me do it:ban:

Three more in the pipeline. I hope they're as good:rockin:

Congrats.

Keep a strict regime with regards to brewing and you'll produce repeatable results. Write down your whole procedure in detail each time you brew (it may be a PITA but worth it) and if you find an off flavor anytime in your brew, you can look to see where you fooled up.

Attaboy!

I'm still amazed sometimes that my beers can taste as good as they do! The satisfaction doesn't go away.

Cheers :mug:

BrewBrain said:
I did it! I brewed a winner!

After quitting brewing about ten years ago because all my beers had a horrible flavor (now I know it may be extract twang flavor, but maybe not) I tried again a couple months ago with the same result. I didn't want to quit again, so I figured I'd switch to all grain and gave it another try.

I just popped the cap on my first AG brew - the ESB from the Dry Dock Brewing site. After two weeks in the bottle the carbonation is right on and the beer tastes AWESOME!!!:tank: It's still a bit green, so it will be even better in a few weeks. :mug:

Sorry for the self-congratulatory post, but the banana made me do it:ban:

Three more in the pipeline. I hope they're as good:rockin:

Good job! I've been trying to decide if I should take the plunge and switch to all-grain brewing. I really want to brew inside but, I have a electric stove that took 50 minutes to boil 4 gallons of water. So, if I want to do AG I'll have to split the boil into 2 pots. Not ideal.

devils4ever said:
Good job! I've been trying to decide if I should take the plunge and switch to all-grain brewing. I really want to brew inside but, I have a electric stove that took 50 minutes to boil 4 gallons of water. So, if I want to do AG I'll have to split the boil into 2 pots. Not ideal.

I did it for my first 2 ag's while saving for a turkey fryer. Turkey fryer is only around 60 or 70 bucks for a good one.

...it's worth the switch for sure :D

Back