What is your Favorite GF brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trollby

Reaction score
Just wondering what the group likes for their refreshments.

My wife mainly settles on Wood-chuck for now, but the Hard Lemonade I made was a hit and the No Pils Pils is conditioning so the jury is out on it yet.

We tried Green's Triple Blonde Ale (very strong ABV flavor) and the Amber (much better tasting).

Why she wants me to make better brews for her.

Looking at doing a blonde and a nut brown ale also a mock-wheat beer with fruit.

I did an orange hefe for my wife. It smells delicious so far. I am planning an amber or a desert stout for my next gf brew. Until the hefe ready mid June she sticks to sangria. I promised I'd produce a few gf brews for everyone I did for myself. Though gfs are a little more expensive, it's worth it to see her excited for a beer. Long winded, yeah I know, blame it on my stout.

I believe the problem with Greens was both were 8.5% ABV, the amber had enough flavors to make it taste good, but the triple was so lite that the ABV was strong taste

Enjoying a Watermelon Wheat with the wife as I type!....Edit, I just noticed this was a Gluten Free post......sorry......got here through Google Reader.

Jolly Pumpkin's Golden Manatee Bellipago -Belgian-style IPA, brewed with chestnuts, tapioca, sorghum, agave nectar & dry hopped.
Still surpised they haven't bottled this yet.

Beyond that, choosing the things I make myself:
Beerwise, probably the GF double chocolate stout.
Nonbeerwise-alcoholic wine, mead & cider. (Haven't made sake yet).
Nonalcoholic, Kefir then soda.

Jolly Pumpkin's Golden Manatee Bellipago -Belgian-style IPA, brewed with chestnuts, tapioca, sorghum, agave nectar & dry hopped.

That sounds really intersting. Care to give us your tasting notes on that one?

I took 3 gallons of welchs white grape peach and 12 pounds clover honey and she really likes a glass or 2. I stopped ferment at 1.02 and its way too sweet for me but it goes over well for most others but if i do it again will back sweeten.

http://www.heritage.com/articles/2010/10/06/dexter_leader/news/doc4ca9d3b205a48409248013.txt
You won't find info on the jolly pumpkin website since it's draft only at the moment. I'll see about tasting notes. I haven't been out for a few months (snow & tax season) and it's been raining these past few weeks.
I recall it being somewhat sour/tart but not a sorghum tart. It was actually a combination of finding a local source for sorghum extract and several encounters with the belipago when I wander down main street, that rekindled my curiousity about brewing something.
I'll edit this next time I go out and I take notes. There's a few non-gluten people I know, who say out of all the beers, that it's their favorite as well.

I took 3 gallons of welchs white grape peach and 12 pounds clover honey and she really likes a glass or 2. I stopped ferment at 1.02 and its way too sweet for me but it goes over well for most others but if i do it again will back sweeten.

Kind of a Wine/Mead mix there, what yeast did you use?

My wife loves Welches grape blends, was thinking of trying a Hard Pomegranate since she like that one best

Jaimi's (fiancee) favorites have been beers with fruit in them. I think that would be the case whether she was GF or not though...

http://www.heritage.com/articles/2010/10/06/dexter_leader/news/doc4ca9d3b205a48409248013.txt
You won't find info on the jolly pumpkin website since it's draft only at the moment. I'll see about tasting notes. I haven't been out for a few months (snow & tax season) and it's been raining these past few weeks.
I recall it being somewhat sour/tart but not a sorghum tart. It was actually a combination of finding a local source for sorghum extract and several encounters with the belipago when I wander down main street, that rekindled my curiousity about brewing something.
I'll edit this next time I go out and I take notes. There's a few non-gluten people I know, who say out of all the beers, that it's their favorite as well.

Wow that's impressive. To win with a gluten free beer against gluten beers in a competition would be a great achievement.

Back