Danstar Nottingham liquid substitute for EdWort's Pale Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
What kind of Yeast is the Nottingham -- more of a Cal Ale (WLP001) or British Ale (WLP002)? I've never used Nottingham before and would rather repitch another yeast into it. What do you all recommend?

Nottingham is a very neutral yeast. I would use the WLP001 for my Haus Ale. I have made it with Safale -05 as well. Both are tasty.

Nottingham is a very neutral yeast. I would use the WLP001 for my Haus Ale. I have made it with Safale -05 as well. Both are tasty.

Have you ever tried it with WLP001? Or anyone else for that matter?

I'll have some nice WLP001 finishing up right about the time I plan to brew this sucker...I'd love to repitch it.

Have not tried the WLP001.... but they are both CLEAN yeasts... Id think that since both yeasts add no character to the finished beer, they will work equally well.

WLP001 is essentially the same yeast as US-05. If Ed recommends US-05 (if Notty isn't available of course) then your safe with WLP001.

Back