Can anyone explain why my laptop keeps going off line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting a developing problem with my laptop that seems to be getting worse. Every once in awhile I seem to loose my Internet connectivity. In order to reconnect I have to go to tools on Internet Explorer and deselect "Work Offline". What is causing this?
I have a wireless router and I'm running Windows Vista on the laptop.
Any ideas?
EDIT: I noticed that every time I try to open Yahoo mail it does this. Now it is starting to happen when I select some threads on HBT. In fact, every time I click on this thread it does it.

Im not a computer person. But is your network secure? If not you could have a buttload of people using your connection, like my situation when I was in college. I was always getting kicked off.

Next time it does it right click the network icon in the lower right corner and go to Network and Sharing Center. If it says connected to unkown network and the internet part is x out then your screwed. Let me know what it says there are a few things you can do.

You are using IE7 I am assuming? Does the same problem exist if you hardwire to the router?

I haven't been able to connect directly to the router but I think I will give it a try just to see what it does.

Next time it does it right click the network icon in the lower right corner and go to Network and Sharing Center. If it says connected to unkown network and the internet part is x out then your screwed. Let me know what it says there are a few things you can do.

I just tried that and it says my connection is working properly. I'm thinking it is an IE7 issue.
Thanks guys!

Back