I asked my wife to pick me up some beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Well, on my way home I don't pass any liquor stores. ( in Maryland we have one stop liquor stores. We can't buy anything in the grocery store or anything like that.(FYI)). So I thought I would ask my wife to pick me something up.

I told her to pick up a high abv IPA. Something that is very hoppy if possible.

She came home with a beer from Dominion brewing company. "HopMountain". I guess she just assumed it would be very hoppy because of the label. Well.....when I read the label I realized it was a pale ale. And it was more malty then hoppy. It should be called MaltMountain......

Not a bad thing! Just not what I was in the mood for. Also I wasn't really a fan. That may have been because I wanted an ipa.

Anyone ever deceived by a beer label?

Mississippi Mud

Brown jug, described as thick and black.......brown and OK. Not a bad beer, but thick and black? Neither.

Ah man, I look at that every time I go to Trader Joe's. The jug is awesome, I had hoped the contents were equally as awesome.

Ah man, I look at that every time I go to Trader Joe's. The jug is awesome, I had hoped the contents were equally as awesome.
The contents leave a lot to be desired. The jug is nice. Unfortunately, the screw top neck isn't compatible with growler tops.

Anyone ever deceived by a beer label?

Miller: Triple hopped
Pabst: Never won a blue ribbon

Seriously...
I had a Terrapin Hopsexecutioner and I think it was also more of a pale ale than IPA.

My favorite thing about Mississippi Mud is that the cap can replace the cap on a Carlo Rossi jug.

Bud Dry apparently actually had wet beer in the bottle. BMC marketing lies again.

Mississippi Mud is a black and tan and I found it drinkable. Haven't seen it in years tho.

Mississippi Mud

Brown jug, described as thick and black.......brown and OK. Not a bad beer, but thick and black? Neither.

And not from MS either. Being from MS, I picked some up first time I saw it, and if I remember correclty it's from New York. False Advertising indeed :drunk:

Back