Sweetwater Road Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alestateyall

Reaction score
I am just finishing up a 6 pack of Road Trip (not all at once).

This is the first commercial beer I have had with floating chunks of trub in it. It tastes good but floating chunks is a bit off putting.

Anyone else seen this with Road Trip?

I had a six pack of this not long ago and it was crystal clear. Not my favorite out of their line up but not bad. I don't recall it being bottle conditioned either. Hope you just got a fluke.

I'm in Suwanee, GA right now drinking a Sweetwater IPA. I'll be working tomorrow right down the street from the brewery. Tood bad they don't open for lunch. :D

EdWort said:
I'm in Suwanee, GA right now drinking a Sweetwater IPA. I'll be working tomorrow right down the street from the brewery. Tood bad they don't open for lunch. :D

Their tours are just for beer drinking. But go anyway the beer is so fresh and so good.

kehaar said:
I am just finishing up a 6 pack of Road Trip (not all at once).

This is the first commercial beer I have had with floating chunks of trub in it. It tastes good but floating chunks is a bit off putting.

Anyone else seen this with Road Trip?

PS. I guess I was drunk. I was drinking Motor Boat.

They brew up a fine product at SweetWater and I have made Motor Boat Ale the official beverage of this boat that I just finished back in September.
DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

limulus said:
They brew up a fine product at SweetWater and I have made Motor Boat Ale the official beverage of this boat that I just finished back in September.

Let me know where I need to go for a ride in that boat. Beautiful.

I am hoping to make it to the brewery the next time I am in Atlanta. I have a good friend from college that lives there and I stop by for an over night visit every trip from New Orleans to Virginia.

I like the 420, but I have never tried any of there other beers.

Sweet Water Brewing Co humm where have I heard of this
fine brewing co before :)

wishin we out here on the left coast could get some....

Let me know where I need to go for a ride in that boat. Beautiful.
Thanks. A lot of work went into it.

Beautiful boat! What lake do you have it on?
Thanks. The photo above is on Lake Burton. We have a place on Lake Chatuge (the GA side). I keep it at home in the garage in winter.

The boat was christened with a bottle of Sweet Water.

I also built this in 2010:
DSC_2093.jpg

I had SweetWater 420 at the Brewers Fest at Bonnaroo way back when. Went great with kangaroo Jerkey and it was the first beer to turn me on to quality. Before that I thought Budweiser was the greatest beer on earth. Years later I crashed around in Atlanta for about 6 months where I drank every kind of Import, Micro, and Craft I possibly could since I was finally free of Alabama's 6% 16oz law.

Back