how many secondary regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcwarhammer

Reaction score
I'm starting my keezer project... I got a used kenmore off craigslist that with a collar will be able to fit 9 kegs. I'm planning on having 6 taps and 3 kegs carbing/aging. 1 tap will be for a stout tap on nitrous, while the rest dispensing out of normal faucets. I'm interested in being able to serve at different pressures, but don't want to have a different pressure for every keg (its too expensive) What would probably be a reasonable amount of secondaries for this project?

Is there a chart that shows guidelines for different pressures and beer styles? that may help me in my decision

I think that you can get away with the three aging on one reg, and the stout faucet is going to need a nitrogen tank so that will be seperate. That leaves the five, it depends on what you like but I think that if you had two regs for the five that would leave you with plenty of options. you could serve maybe three on a higher presure and then two at a lower pressure but in the end it all depends on what you want. And the triple regs are not drastically out of price range IMO

Two secondaries and the primary will give you three pressures. That will do the trick for most beer styles.

Two secondaries and the primary will give you three pressures. That will do the trick for most beer styles.

This is what I went with. 3 different pressures and when I'm not using one I can use it for rapid force carbing if limited time makes it necessary.

Awesome, thanks guys! I ended up grabbing the 4 pressure one, the price seemed worth it... is there a style guide somewhere so I have an idea how to pressure different styles?

Back