March Pump ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
I am making a single tier and instead of QD's I am looking at a valve manifold (like Pol's). I am trying to figure out how to word my question, let me know if it is unclear:

If I get a March pump, can it pull or push either way? ie: can I change it from "suck" to "blow" at any time out of either end. Wow, that sounded terrible.

If this is not possible, I am not seeing how to do it without disconnects.

Well you can do this with a relatively complex manifold with multiple valves. The pump only goes one way but selective valves can route to the in or out. I like quick disconnects personally.

I was thinking of using a complex manifold as well, but decided I am going to choose QDs. I think it would be difficult not to loose wort in the lines with a hard-lined manifold plus I think it would be pretty pricey for 5 ball valves.

Since when are we worried about pricey? We are always messin with our systems. Also, the only fluid that you are losing in the hoses is water... water is pretty cheap out here in Indiana. Not so much in places like Raleigh! Wort only gets pumped from the kettle to the fermentor that resides in the ferment-fridge.

The manifold cost $55... how much are QD's?

Latest posts

Back