Labor Day weekend in Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dan-

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I did the search but couldn't really find anything... I will be in Seattle on Labor Day weekend and wanted to find out what to do, where to go, etc. A friend just started working for Boeing and we are going to visit her ...
Space Needle? Barrier Islands? What brew pubs/breweries are good for a visit?

Thank!

I say definately do the space needle. I've lived in WA state for most of the last 15 years, and just did it for the first time a couple weeks ago. Definately worth it to do at least once. Also hit up Pike's Place Market. For breweries and brewpubs check out the second post in this thread.

You might want to check out Big Al Brewing http://www.bigalbrewing.com/
They just opened up in the past few weeks and we're started by a couple of home brewers.

Check out Diamond Knot in Mukilteo if your around, which if your friend works for Boeing I suspect you might be nearby

Lots of other excellent places to go to that other thread should hit most of them. Diamond Knot, Elysian, and Elliot Bay are some of my favorites

Absolutely visit Pike Place Market, it's a wonderful place buy fresh meat/fish/produce, or just hang out and browse. Go to the fish shop, watch them hurl giant salmon around or scare little kids with a monkfish! If you're there around lunch, go to Uli's Famous Sausage (a tiny little place) and ask them to grill one up for you. Then go wash it down at the Pike Pub & Brewery.

Probably ten years ago or so, I took the Red Hook Brewery tour and quite enjoyed it. For a dollar you can try all their products, and keep the sampling glass.

Are you going to be in Everett or Renton? If you're going to be north of Seattle, check out Big E ales, cheap, tasty, and not to far from Everett. I'd do Pike Street Market, if you like watching crazies, go to a bar on Capitol Hill, the waterfront is pretty, and Seattle Center (including the Space needle) is pretty fun. The EMP is expensive and not that cool though, unless you're really into music history.

[edit] I just realized that Bumbershoot is that weekend. It would be a blast to go to one day of that!

Back