What are some commercial porters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anchor makes a porter that is pretty good. Sierra Nevada also makes one. The Anchor comes in individual 22 oz. bottles so it's easy to try.

I just had Mactarnahan's for the first time last night. It is a good one. Boulevard makes a decent one too, Bully Porter.

head to DIscount Liquor, just east of Serb Hall there on Oklahoma, like 58thSt maybe . . . Isle 2 . . . maybe 1/4 way down on the left . . .you'll find about 20 of them. I like St Peter's Old Style Porter, plust it has a cool as hell pint bottle, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerlad wasnt bad either. St Peters is a brown porter while Great lakes is a robust porter so ya get to try 2 different styles too. Let me know if/when ya go I'll head over there with ya:cool:

Hey, Pumbaa... I go to the Discount Liquor in Waukesha, but have never been to the one on Oklahoma. Guess I should go there sometime and see how that one is. I think I'll take you up on the offer one of these days.

Pumbaa said:
... I like St Peter's Old Style Porter, plust it has a cool as hell pint bottle, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerlad wasnt bad either. ...

I was going to suggest Eddie Fitz myself! IMHO, I think it is the best example of an American Porter out there.

I'm brewing a Porter tonight and I have a bottle of St. Peter's Old Style Porter that I'll be sampling for the first time. Had their Cream Stout two nights ago with dinner and it was tasty!

that is a good english porter, cool bottle too!

has anyone had williamsburg ale's porter? from williamsburg virginia...i love there pale ale but the 6 pack of porter i got was totally flat...(i actually think that this is kind of cool that they are such a 'craft' brewery that they make mistakes)

ive been waiting for the store to run out, so i could buy some that (hopefully) wasnt flat...

Back