New Chicago Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry everyone, I have been in been sick as a dog since Thanksgiving and I have been trying to complete 23 hours of education credits to renew my license for work. If a third pallet is created I am down for 5 sacks. And if any extras can still be added to the current order like hops, cleaning supplies and such please let me know.

I'm leaving this all up to bmason. I think it's a bad idea because of weather but if he's willing to chance it we can try and fill a third pallet. I bet the interest is there, it's just going to take that much more time.

Just a thought. Would it be possible to just order a half pallet if the interested parties are wiling to split shipping on that pallet?

I just started another thread titled "NEW Chicago bulk buy" for those that missed this one. I believe that we can get pallet pricing as long as we have at least 26 bags. Please post in my thread if interested. Thanks.

Brewenstein

Brewenstein, if your pallet fills up in a few days I strongly suggest you couple it with this current buy to get optimal pricing for everybody involved.

EDIT: Final decision on my comment above will be made by wernerherzog and/or Niilo. My apologies for making a suggestion without first clearing it with them. I was just trying to look after everyone's best interest.

I have sent wernerherzog/Niilo the link to the quote from the distributor for this buy. Ask them for the link only if you're participating in the buy. FYI: prices have gone up significantly but I'm not sure why. Anyway, the quote has the latest pricing.

EDIT: It seems to be an average of 10% increase across the board. Still cheaper than your LHBS.

I just got off the phone with the distributor. The pricing is the same whether we order 2 or 3 pallets. Since we're already at 2 pallets, it doesn't make sense to hold up the buy for a third since it really wouldn't benefit those on the first 2 pallets. Niilo/wernerherzog, I suggest that this buy be officially closed. Give people the link to the quote and start collecting their money.

Is there any anticipated update on the eta for the pricing and payment info... I.e..who, what, where, when's ???

Thanks

The "where" is on the link for quote from the distributor. That link will only be given to those who are participating in the buy. The general area is Cicero/Grand Aves. in Chicago.

I am working on compiling a spreadsheet based on the quote, I'm doing a pallet and niilo will be doing a pallet. We're both working on ours today. I'll try and have mine completed tonight. I've received very few messages for the quote, please know that if you want to see it to validate pricing, you'll need to pm me.

apologies for those who didn't make it onto the first two pallets. Fortunately there's a thread for someone else doing a Chicago buy.

Here are the links to the spreadsheets.
pallet 1 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DVjUEt0R25idnZMQk9qMDlueW1aWmc&hl=en_US#gid=0

pallet 2 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DBvVDd0Sm03V0N5MFVjOUlFcXNIWWc&hl=en_US#gid=0

They have the final totals that people owe based on the quote which you may see a copy of if you message me. You have many payment options, the easiest of which is to make a person-to-person chase transfer which is free of charge to both of us. [email protected] is where you can send money to. You can also send money to the same email through paypal. This will require you to pay a small fee which is factored in on the spreadsheets under 'paypal total'. Unless you can figure out how to 'gift' your payment without fee, please pay this increased total.

You may also mail your payment or drop it off in person. I live in Wicker Park and work in the South Loop if that's convenient for you. PM me and I can give you my address if you need it.

Grain will be shipped to us once we make the payment with the accumulated funds. Many have already sent payment. Let me know if you have any questions. I highly suggest double-checking the spreadsheet pricing against the quote.

Cheers.

I'm on Pallet 2 I talked to Niilo via email and was supposed to be in for 2 bottles of star san 32 oz. everything else is good. Let me know if we an add this?
If not I will get payment to you asap. If so please update total and I will get payment asap.
thanks,
Bill Scott

wernerherzog, is that starsan "issue" the one we discussed yesterday as being taken care of?

Payment sent. In order to avoid fees when paying with paypal, you must do a bank transfer and send it as a gift or other personal item. The fee is charged if you pay with a card.

no, it isn't. It's a new star san issue that needs to be resolved. Can we add two bottles on to the current order?

Also, for those of you who have asked me for a quote in the past couple of days, reference it again and make sure the date in the upper right hand corner says december and not september. I accidently sent the last buy's quote to a few people. Re-PM and I can send you the real one. I'd send it to you anyways but I've been deleting messages and don't have records of who I've been in contact with.

Sorry,
Cheers.

Ghoti, rocktheknife, waltmarkers, sudsmcgee, begin2brew, lager dan, and jim chochola have all paid. Please let me know if you sent me payment and you don't see your name here. Thanks everyone for prompt payment.

I'm sure anything besides grain can be added. Just let me know what to add.

Sent from my Android phone using Home Brew Talk

Pallet #1 needs to be updated to show BobboVR6 splitting my bag of wheat (per post #71). Payment for half of that sack plus the remainder of my order & splits sent via Chase ($104.98). Check my math to make sure I calculated correctly.

mvanwie. I am trying to find out where your sack of wheat went. Do you remember it ever being on any of the spreadsheets? Did you PM niilo about that originally? Or add it yourself? I'm sorry but I'm having trouble finding a record of it other than your post that says that you're in for a sack of wheat on the first pallet.

Wernerherzog said:
Ghoti, rocktheknife, waltmarkers, sudsmcgee, begin2brew, lager dan, and jim chochola have all paid. Please let me know if you sent me payment and you don't see your name here. Thanks everyone for prompt payment.

Payment sent on 12/14 via PayPal.

mvanwie. I am trying to find out where your sack of wheat went. Do you remember it ever being on any of the spreadsheets? Did you PM niilo about that originally? Or add it yourself? I'm sorry but I'm having trouble finding a record of it other than your post that says that you're in for a sack of wheat on the first pallet.

Emailed Niilo a while back, but I'm seeing it there... Line 71 on the pallet 1 spreadsheet.

ha, nice. I never grouped them together because in my haste I didn't recognize that Mark van Wie was the same as mvanwie (obvious now that it's been pointed out). Will modify that tomorrow.

the following homebrewtalk people have not paid: bobbo, n2deep, wegz. Bobbo, your revised amount after paying for half a sack of wheat that you're splitting with mvanwie is : 137.58.

Back