I need more Sanke Kegs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson_d

Reaction score
I cant find any! Anywhere! None of the owners of the local bars have any extra laying around, I havent seen any sitting out next to a garbage can in the alley in a while! Where can I get more of these things?!

I have one that I use as a 10G primary and I love it. Its the greatest thing ever. Then I bought that SS top with the tri clover clamp and the racking cane that Derrin sells on this site. Its works fantastic! I can use CO2 to push the beer out of the keg when its done fermenting. Perfect!

Am I unaware of the secret sanke keg depository? I live in Chicago and you can sometimes find them in the alley because some dumb frat boys throw them away. I would take like 4 more if I could get my hands on them....

The story of my life is the never ending search for the mythical sanke keg. My daily routine after brushing my teeth includes a tristate area craigslist search for kegs.

I sold one a few month ago....and I have kicked myself in the arse first thing every morning since....wake up,make java,kick self hard.....brush teeth...check on beer....feed kids.... :D

find a small local brewery if you can. even the distributors just give the damaged ones back to the brewers.

I ran an ad on CL locally, and got 2 within a month. Guys just emailed or called - "Still interested?" - Yep!
One guy said $75 - I said I pay $30 if I like them. He bit :)

Just got done cleaning them yesterday - One had Bud Light in it from 2006! Man, that's a smell I won't soon forget. Pulled the spear and cooked 12 gallons of water and OxiClean over the turkey fryer. Problem solved :rockin:

Just post in your local CL wanted - You'll get lucky eventually...

Sanke Kegs are available, it's just that nobody is giving them away. If you want them, you are going to have to part with some of your cash.

Sanke Kegs are available, it's just that nobody is giving them away. If you want them, you are going to have to part with some of your cash.

So true - The one I got last week was from a lawn service guy. He was mowing a woman's farm outside of town and saw one behind the barn. He remembered seeing my add in CL, and when he went back the next week he asked her about it. She said her son left it over a year ago, and wouldn't come get it. She gave it to lawn service guy, who sold it to me.
I got a cherry keg for $30.00, he got $30.00 for his trouble, and the old lady got rid of "Yard trash"
Win Win Win

How much are you guys willing to pay?
I've got 4 now, and really don't want any more, but I keep getting calls from guys wanting to sell me kegs...

I got a call yesterday - 3 more from one guy - he wanted $50 each. I told them no because I didn't need them, not because I thought it was a bad price.

Maybe I should start buying them up and selling them here! ;)

Back