First batch of 2010 w/ pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hi there all...As we here in Indiana just recieved our first and only snow fall this year, I thought I would take the time and enjoy the winter here as I havent really been able to since moving from Massachusetts...Prost to you all...BTW its a simple IPA with 11.5# 2 Row and 1# Rye and hopped with 1 oz each of Warrrior & Simcoe throughout boil and 1oz Amarillo on flameout...Im going to call it "Fire and Ice IPA"...I will also dryhop with another oz of Amarillo and .5oz Simcoe...Oh and I was drinking a very nice Barleywine from Upland Brewing in Bloominton...Take care...
20369_1231487980401_1025179138_30640098_3683869_n.jpg

20369_1231487260383_1025179138_30640097_3152318_n.jpg

Fire and Ice IPA. I like it.

Looks like you guys didn't quite have the snow that we did a little further north. Must be a solid 6+ inches where I am.

I thought it was bad brewing yesterday at 18 ºF in the morning, right now its 37ºF and we're just starting to heat the mash water. By the time we done tonight it should be in the mid 20s.

BTW love the firepit :mug:
cheers

As springer said...

Holy carbonizing flame batman!

You've gotta adjust that flame man - it aughta be BLUE and not putting so much soot on the kettle.

Yeah I know, Ive tried to tone down the flame to get a more heat producing blue flame...Ive opened the breather valve and still cannot get it down to a healthy blue flame...In fact my Lab brushed up against the pot this am (cool of course) andhad a nice soot spot on her leg...lol...Any ideas? The cooker is a 60K BTU from Bass Pro Shops...Ive tried everything to get it down...

Yeah I know, Ive tried to tone down the flame to get a more heat producing blue flame...Ive opened the breather valve and still cannot get it down to a healthy blue flame...In fact my Lab brushed up against the pot this am (cool of course) andhad a nice soot spot on her leg...lol...Any ideas? The cooker is a 60K BTU from Bass Pro Shops...Ive tried everything to get it down...

Is the regulator adjustable? You might be sending too much fuel through and it's not able to take up enough air. If it's not adjustable maybe try a different reg if you've got one around.

Maybe a blockage in the air intake?

Is that a Delerium Tremens glass in the second pic? I love my DT glass.

i agree, denim. (it appears to me that) it's not too much fuel, it's too little air.

Back