Glycol Chiller Energy Usage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlh1005

Reaction score
In a few days I'm going to be taking possession of a Multiplex Beermaster 75... a REALLY GOOD deal I previously saw on Craigslist popped back up and I couldn't PayPal quick enough and my brother-in-law has already picked up the goods. I'm sure I'll have lots of other related questions over the next few months... I am getting a box full of stuff, some of which I am sure I'll know how to use, some of which I am sure I won't!

Right now I'm just curious if anyone has any notion of the cost in terms of energy to run one of these or a similar unit. It will live in my garage alongside a keezer I plan to build, so costs will be higher in the spring and summer months I know, I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into.

Right now I am using a BevAir BM23 which I acquired from C-List back in September. I have no thought on what it is costing me per month, I am assuming not much.

The only way to tell is to put an Ammeter on it (And your existing one too).
You can get plug in watt meters, or an inexpensive clamp ammeter to see what it pulls.

You can also pull the manual for the new one and look. The manual should list starting and running current...

You can calculate from there what it will cost if you know your energy rate per Kilowatt/Hour

Latest posts

Back