Falconers Flight Extra IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdann87

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Some pics from my first brew - Falconers Flight Extra IPA.

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m506/BeKindBrew/

I would say for a first time it went pretty damn well.
We were getting pretty active fermentation within 12 hours of pitching the yeast.

Right now it's still dry hopping. We had pellet Hops so we put the hops in into the bag, to cut down on debris. I plan on letting it sit for at least 10 in secondary (probably just the full 2 weeks though).

It sat for 10 total in primary.. but we needed to use it.

I'll post more when its done...

****Fingers crossed****

Works great... My buddy manages a rental store, so it was a free loaner... Which makes it even better

Did you get this kit from AHS? If so, I'm curious to read the progress because I just bottled the same recipe.

Not gonna lie ... I've been kinda lazy, haven't checked on it in days. I know the temp us stable so I'm not worried... Planning on bottling this Sunday if everything goes according to plan. I'll Update then.

From what the guy at the Lhbs said he thinks that the the falconer is a newtype of hop? Is this true... Anyone have any info on this?

Bottled it a few days ago... Tastes great, very nice ipa. Only problem we had was that once we were done sampling we were about 5 beers short of the 48 we were hoping to get

Yeah, mine has been bottle conditioning for about two weeks. I know it's early, but I wanted to try a bottle yesterday, and ended up drinking two; it's good stuff!

Tasted this the other day (only was in the bottle for about a week and half).

Very nice, very rich hops taste.

Enjoyable... obviously a little under carbonated.. but i would def suggest this beer.

After some time in the bottle this beer has really turned out very nicely. Nice head, Still very hoppy but with a sweet fruit like after taste

Been almost 8 months since i brewed this. After dealing with a large beertastrophy (bout 20 bottles exploding... was picking glass outa the drywall for weeks), I found a six pack tucked away with my Blood Orange Wheat Beer!

This stuff is good! Way better now as compared to the past tasting.

Back