Will it ever stop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millsware

Reaction score
I brewed a saison two weeks ago. My initial gravity was 1.045 and I added a pound of sugar after three days, which should have taken the gravity to about 1.054ish. As expected, the yeast woke back up for a day or two, and then seemed to settle down. Well, last night I noticed a bubble in my airlock and checked the gravity. A few days ago it was 1.010, and now it's at 1.006. This is going to be a dry beer. That's an apparent attenuation of 88%!

What yeast are you using? You can look up the strain's attenuation to get a feel for how far it will ferment out. Just be patient and let them do their thing.

That sounds like a delicious Saison! 88% attenuation for the win! I'm not too surprised with a pound of sugar added. Hopefully you're a fan of dry beers...otherwise, feel free to send me what you don't want. :mug:

What yeast are you using? You can look up the strain's attenuation to get a feel for how far it will ferment out. Just be patient and let them do their thing.

I used recultured yeast from a commercial beer, so I have no way to look up the specs.

Latest posts

Back