Quick Disconnects...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stile

Reaction score
Looking for a line on both SS and Brass QD's and related parts. Anybody have a good source for these? B3 has them, but at 25$ for one M/F set... i'm looking to see if i can save a few pennies.

B3's are the cheapest for SS. Brass can be had much cheaper. If you do a search for "Brass QD" and put Bobby_M in the member search field, it will come up with the part numbers from McMaster-Carr.

I bought at B3. They are a quality product with really good attention to surface finish. I am totally happy with them. Look for a "deal of the day" sale to get the best price.

STILE... I have a list of parts including the QDs, LOCLine, AC GEAR MOTOR, IMPELLER and SS SHAFT COUPLING etc.... in my 10 Gallon HERMS thread.

QD's
6739K64 6 Each Hose Couplings For Coolant, Sleeve-lck Sckt X Barb, 3/8"cplg Sz,1/2"hose Id
6739K59 7 Each Hose Couplings For Coolant, Plug, 1/2" Nptf Male, 3/8" Coupling Size

FITTINGS TO ATTACH QDs TO HERMS COIL
50915K328 2 Each Standard Brass Compression Tube Fitting, Adapter For 1/2" Tube Od X 1/2" Nptf Male Pipe

TO ATTACH LOC LINE THROUGH LID OF MLT
5307K48 1 Pack 1/2" Npt Male Connector For 1/2" Id, Snap-loc Any-which-way Coolant Hose

LOC LINE FOR MLT RETURN
10095K45 2 Packs 1’ Of 1/2" Id, Loc-line Any-which-way Coolant Hose

NOZZLE FOR LOC LINE RETURN LINE
10095K25 1 Pack 1/2" Diameter Round Nozzle For 1/2" Id, Loc-line Any-which-way Coolant Hose

1 EA to affix QDs to HERMS coil and to the MLT LID for the LOC LINE RETURN LINE
50785K94 3 Each Med-pressure Extruded Brass Thrd Pipe Fitting, 1/2" Pipe Size, Hex Coupling, 1-3/16" Length

No no, thank you for making me a phenomenon on the west coast :mug:

The nice thing about the BRASS QDs, is that you can replace the WHOLE QD for about $2-$6 tops... which is nice.

I will get my "Instructional" video of the Brew Beast up tomorrow when I get back in the states.

I just got two sets of the polysulfone QD's from B3 and they are quite nice. I'll let you know once I use them this weekend...

Yeah, I went with CPC QD's from NB. They should be here thursday with the pump and stuff, I'll let you know how they work out.

Back