Directions?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Gators

Reaction score
So I am back from a few months off and of coarse I make a misstep. I had the oaked porter from AHB and didn't really read the directions very carefully. I got a bit cocky and after I finished my mini mash I just jumped right into adding the extract. The directions said to bring to a boil after the steeping process, and I waited until after the extract addition.

What do you guys think? Big misstep? No big deal?

I am not too worried, I took some advice I got from a book and just had a homebrew :p:drunk::D

That's fine. The instructions ask you to bring it to a boil, but there isn't any need to do that before you add the extract. It just makes it boil a bit faster. It may be a bit darker than you planned (due to the longer time in the kettle) but I don't think you'll notice it at all.

That's fine. The instructions ask you to bring it to a boil, but there isn't any need to do that before you add the extract. It just makes it boil a bit faster. It may be a bit darker than you planned (due to the longer time in the kettle) but I don't think you'll notice it at all.

Thanks Yooper you rock :rockin:. Ya and I don't mind a dark beer, although I did point out how dark it was to my brew buddy. Can't wait to keg now...it will be bottoms up soon enough :mug: cheers and thanks.

Back