I brew good beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerinBR

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I am here, sitting in the brewery, with music turned up loud (YES -- Fragile 1972) drinking Centennial IPA (my 6th) savoring every sip, knowing my that my wife is not pleased and my 19 year old granddaughter,home on spring break, is not happy ( music too loud... me drinking), and yet I cannot help from reveling in the fact that I just racked to secondary the best lager I have yet to make. I believe that is worth a drunken rambling or mindless mumbling.
This lager ... a pilsner...(my first pilsner {long distance runaround just starting) is glorious... sweet with golden corn flakes, a slight noble hop kick and crisp clean finish and I have not yet lagered this brew. She shall be a good brew.
As I sit here I realize that I have worked in the information technology field longer than all of my employees have been alive. That my fellow brewers is an unbelievable scary thought. So after nearly 30 years of computer science I look back and can easily say there are two things in my life that have made a difference (heart of the sun rise starting) learning to brew and finding Home Brew Talk.... I raise a glass to you my fellow brewers and say THANK YOU!

:mug:

I'm working on 19 in IT. Only good thing is I have managed to stay a developer and not get into management. I like my beer too :)

headbanger... been in management for 20 of the 30... the network engineer and I just finished the deploy of air fiber for our 11 locations .. when i started Windows and Novell did not exist. I was the first in AZ to connect a main frame to a Novell network ..... been a long strange road

My first computer was a Apple II+ with 64K of RAM and TWO 360K floppies. Now I support over 400 servers and 64 TB of disk in a QA environment. Things have changed.

beyond recognition... what was is no more.... damn I can run a VM/MVS mainframe on a bank of blades,.....

any one remember VM? or MVS? or VSE? how about a DEC VAX running CAD 1.0

started programming 34 years ago when programs were saved on a cassette tape from radio shack. now i have 17 network certifications, and my home pc is 100,000's of times more powerful than any server then

beyond recognition... what was is no more.... damn I can run a VM/MVS mainframe on a bank of blades,.....

any one remember VM? or MVS? or VSE? how about a DEC VAX running CAD 1.0

Worked at Square D when I first got out of school. We had a DEC VAX that we did the layouts and BOMs for panelboards. Don't remember the CAD program we used but that may have been it

My first date was the Close to the Edge tour, 13 August 1972 in Columbia, Maryland.
They had an opening band that we didn't know called The Eagles.

Back then, if it was too loud, then you were too old. Now in my house, if it's too loud, you're too young.

Started IT in 1973. Worked on all the different platforms. Did diagnostic programming. Hated working with decks of cards. Spent way too much time in the glass house. 16 years managing tech support group for multiple mainframes. Installed out first network, Windows, Novell, HP UX. For the last 15 years been working independently doing networks for small business. Looking for retirement but it's still just out of sight.

Started IT in 1973. Worked on all the different platforms. Did diagnostic programming. Hated working with decks of cards. Spent way too much time in the glass house. 16 years managing tech support group for multiple mainframes. Installed out first network, Windows, Novell, HP UX. For the last 15 years been working independently doing networks for small business. Looking for retirement but it's still just out of sight.

I am also looking forward to retirement. A few more years... when my granddaughters got her bachelors... maybe then?

Yep. BrewerinBr brews some pretty good beer! I think I got two bottles left of what he loaned me when I ran out and it was too cold to brew. Luckily he also invited me over to brew on his system in the basement! He's a pretty good guy, even if he does play his music too loud! ;)

Also, because of this thread I sampled some YES on Spotify when I brewed on Saturday and it was awesome! I had no idea they went back so far! One of the better progressive rock bands I've heard. Poetic, melodic, complex, and interesting.

Back