Buon Vino SuperJet Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJS

Reaction score
I was gifted a Buon Vino Pump from my older brother. I think its rated for 140F but i tried it with close to 200F without any problem.

Im going to try it on brew day this weekend,

anyone think something could go wrong?

i dont need the pump, just waiting for the real hot wort pump to get approved and bought. Basically just using this one till it breaks i guess.

the magnets in pumps are only rated for a certain amount of heat before they loose their magnetic strength. it most likely wont "seize", but eventually the motor will get weaker or be unable to turn because of this. this effect increases exponentially with temperature.

also taste is not a reliable way to tell if you have carcinogenic chemicals leeching into your beer. food grade ratings are temperature dependant. something that is safe to use for food at 100 degrees can be dangerous at 200.

Ok, now thats something im more concerned with, thanks. I think i will wait for the new pump

Latest posts

Back