You know what I hate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroovePuppy

Reaction score
Guys who don't wash their hands after peeing!

Also, people who start new threads then leave for the day. :ban:

Bitching about vendors.

Also, holiday shopping frenzy/stupidity.

Poeple who refuze to use spelcheck.

Restaurants that boast, "over __ beers on tap!" as part of their advertising, yet carry only a pathetic selection of ordinary beer.

People who start a gazillion new threads a day rather than posting to existing threads that address the same point/question, or post the same question in 5 different subforums.

Having conversations publicly that are better addressed off-line or via PM.

Types of people that irritate me

the “I don’t eat much salt” people. WTF. I dated a guy that wouldn’t put salt on ANYTHING he ate because he didn’t want his food to taste like salt. Then the people that seem to believe they can divine the real flavor of foods but only without salt. SALT IS THERE TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF YOUR MEALS, NOT OVERPOWER IT!!!! There’s a reason that salt is used in the baking of sweet treats. It makes them taste better, and not in a kettle corn sort of way, but in a deliciously balanced flavor sort of way. It’s like someone saying “I love a balanced beer, but leave out the hops.” You cannot even pretend to understand food if you do not understand salt. I hate you.

The slow driver that gets mad and speeds up when you try to pass them. Or for that matter, the one who drives slowly on a road where there’s no hope of passing them. Just because you’re not in a hurry to get where you’re going doesn’t mean that you need to make me late! My time’s important to me. The less time I spend behind you, the more time I have to do other things.

I hate:

people in large groups
meatheads (not to be confused with meat-helmets, which are awesome)
people who think drinking is evil
BMC drinkers who think I am dumb for liking things of quality
stupid people

EDIT: people who sample new foods/drinks with a ridiculously tiny bite/sip. You can't taste **** in that wimpy scared ass bite. Take a real bite or gtfo!

the “I don’t eat much salt” people. WTF. I dated a guy that wouldn’t put salt on ANYTHING he ate because he didn’t want his food to taste like salt. Then the people that seem to believe they can divine the real flavor of foods but only without salt. SALT IS THERE TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF YOUR MEALS, NOT OVERPOWER IT!!!! There’s a reason that salt is used in the baking of sweet treats. It makes them taste better, and not in a kettle corn sort of way, but in a deliciously balanced flavor sort of way. It’s like someone saying “I love a balanced beer, but leave out the hops.” You cannot even pretend to understand food if you do not understand salt. I hate you.

i don't like much salt :p j/k, i agree wholeheartedly, but i think that people saying this stems from the fact that a lot of popular companies oversalt the **** out of their foods.

The slow driver that gets mad and speeds up when you try to pass them. Or for that matter, the one who drives slowly on a road where there’s no hope of passing them. Just because you’re not in a hurry to get where you’re going doesn’t mean that you need to make me late! My time’s important to me. The less time I spend behind you, the more time I have to do other things.

you know what i love, on the other hand? those guys that will automatically speed up when you speed up next to them. that **** is great. when i need to switch lanes, i'll give a good rev of the engine to make them think i'm speeding to pass them and when they pull forward i just slip behind them. it's even better when you can tell that it made them feel really stupid. maybe they're learning...nah.

i don't like much salt :p j/k, i agree wholeheartedly, but i think that people saying this stems from the fact that a lot of popular companies oversalt the **** out of their foods.

That is reasonable. Not putting ANY salt on potatoes is retarded though.

I hate people that get food at restaurants and salt it before they taste it...."Oh, I know it will need salt." No you don't! And they wonder why their blood pressure is high.

I hate people who are unable to articulate their position and resort to childish attacks.

*edit* Wow. Uh, I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular. Well, not on HBT anyway. I took my time typing it and it just looks like I was attacking someone. I'll shut up now.

I hate people who don't drink. I don't trust them. (NOT alcoholics that had to stop drinking- I'm talking about those infamous tea-totalers who are too "good" to drink with me).

I hate people who interrupt based on what they thought you were going to say.

I hate people who are just plain snarky. I love a well placed witticism, but I despise meanness.

I hate people who have no sense of humor.

I hate people who can't laugh at themselves.

I hate having a friggin leaking keg/regulator/co2 tank and being too stupid to find it.

I think I'm done for now. I'll be back, though.

The Up-Tight
Those-Would-Thump-a-Religious-Text
The Sentence Interrupter
The Know-It-All (only room for one in a conversation, and that is me!)
The Slutty Work Dresser (makes it difficult to work)
The Old Person Who Smells like Band-Aids
Baby-Obsessed Wives
Non-Beer Drinkers
Those Who Would Poo-Poo on my Obsessions
The Close-Minded
Those Who Read a Book and Immediately Immerse Themselves in the Lifestyle
Vodka
Fennel Seed
Slow-Processing Homebrew Store Orders
Incompetence
The Squeaky Wheels that Get the Grease
Illegals
Big Cities
Crowded Bars

and maybe MOST of all: REALITY TV. That's why every country in the world hates us.

/rant

I don't hate Laurel!!!!!

I hate people who don't understand sarcasm and think I am being mean to them, causing me to have to explain who sarcasm works, thereby making them feel dumb and small and thinking me even meaner.

People who read a book or watch some documentary and then instantly want to spout facts and explain in detail to you like they are a genius.

OT: I have family in Oconomowoc. Actually my wife's family, but I claim them...even though Yankees are a group I mean to put in my list.

OT: I have family in Oconomowoc. Actually my wife's family, but I claim them...even though Yankees are a group I mean to put in my list.

Whatev dood... if yer need us Yanks to come an a kick yer arse agin, jus lemme no. ;) You stay on your side of the Mason-Dixon line and we'll keep this civil....:)

Actually KY is awesome!!!

Tex, I watched Law and Order a few weeks ago, I'm thinking of suing you for that comment.

I hate when people refer to their favorite sports team as "we" like they're on the friggin' roster.

I hate people that ride along in my blind spot. I speed up, they speed up. I slow down, they slow down. Grrr.....

I hate people that whine about the winters here in Wisconsin. Hey, buddy- this is a big country. If you don't like the weather here- move to friggin' Florida.

I'm not real fond of Christmas, either. Never have been.

More to come, I'm sure........

I hate when people close the door on an unoccupied bathroom.

I hate when people can't or refuse to laugh.

I hate when people do nothing but complain.

And I really, really, really with every fiber of my being hate the NY Yankees.:mad:

The slow driver that gets mad and speeds up when you try to pass them.

I whole heartily agree with you. That seriously pisses me off because they chose to do that you make you mad.

Or for that matter, the one who drives slowly on a road where there’s no hope of passing them. Just because you’re not in a hurry to get where you’re going doesn’t mean that you need to make me late! My time’s important to me. The less time I spend behind you, the more time I have to do other things.

This I have no sympathy for you. I normally drive slowly but at least the speed limit but I'm not going to change my driving habits just because you got behind me. Just my thoughts.

And to add to the list:
FIBS
People who talk on their cell phones when checking out at a store. Tell them you'll call them back in three minutes and be f**king courteous to the people in front of you.
And FIBS

People who feel like the world owes them something. Just because something's not fair doesn't mean that people need to do something to make it better for you, or that you deserve for it to be better. Stuff isn't fair, get over it.

Economic bailouts - be it corporate or personal. Don't reward people or companies for bad financial decisions. We're going into a recession either way. Let them deal with their problems and don't keep dumping blood into a body with a hemorrhage without addressing the problem.

I hate people who after youve cooked for them - they salt and pepper the living bless out of the food before ever tasting it.

Or the people who try to tell you that you need 900 spices on your hamburgers.

Back