Finally mead!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellfireSam

Reaction score
here some pics of my sweet mead :tank:

Idro01.jpg

Idro04.jpg

Sweet! Make sure to keep a bottle unopened for a year or two for an aged taste. Do you have more in the pipeline? BTW, what yeast did you use?

Sweet! Make sure to keep a bottle unopened for a year or two for an aged taste. Do you have more in the pipeline? BTW, what yeast did you use?

I've used Dry yeast from brewferm... I think I'll open the first bottle at christmas:tank:

try here:http://samhomebrewer.blogspot.com/

It's my blog...I know it's in italian but anyway you can see the pictures:rockin:

Hey, is that a converted pasta machine I see you using to mill grain, about 3 posts down? If so, how did that work out for you. There's another thread discussing the idea HERE Given that pasta machines are pretty easy to locate used, I'd be interested in how it worked out. I don't think SWMBO will let me get away with using our pasta machine to mill grain, but I'm sure I could pick up another on the cheap.

Hey, is that a converted pasta machine I see you using to mill grain, about 3 posts down? If so, how did that work out for you. There's another thread discussing the idea HERE Given that pasta machines are pretty easy to locate used, I'd be interested in how it worked out. I don't think SWMBO will let me get away with using our pasta machine to mill grain, but I'm sure I could pick up another on the cheap.

It works perfectly! You can calibrate the distance so you can choose the size of the mill... for the E+G process it's the most economic choise... anyway this is the result:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_VDeHTqiNqn4/SFFuZ6daCcI/AAAAAAAAAEw/LNc5htRfMIY/s1600-h/P1.jpg

chocolate and cara-pils grain milled with that machine

WOAH, that's a light hued mead! what kind of honey did you use for that? sage or something?

I've used 3 kind of honey...but It's quite difficult to translate in english :fro:

for 6 liters I've used:

2kg "millefiori" honey
0,5 kg " fiori d'arancia" honey
0,5 kg "sulla" honey

"Millefiori" means letterally " thousand of flower"
"fiori d'arancia" it's " orange flower" but " sulla" i't just the name of the plant and sorry but I can't find the translation...

I've used 3 kind of honey...but It's quite difficult to translate in english :fro:

for 6 liters I've used:

2kg "millefiori" honey
0,5 kg " fiori d'arancia" honey
0,5 kg "sulla" honey

"Millefiori" means letterally " thousand of flower"
"fiori d'arancia" it's " orange flower" but " sulla" i't just the name of the plant and sorry but I can't find the translation...

"Millefiori" = wildflower honey
"fiori d'iarancia" = orange blossom honey
"sulla" = similar to our alfalfa honey. Sulla is used for hay production

Latest posts

Back