MP3 Player Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pahiker6

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice. I'm looking to buy a hard drive based MP3 player - preferably 80 gigs. I have looked at the iPod and Zune, however both do not seem to offer a feature I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is the ability to have a "Now Playing" playlist running. For example I'll pick a song to play (not using a play list at this time), then as I navigate around I can add songs at my choosing. I know Apple has an On the Go playlist, but this isn't what I'm looking for. Something like Winamp's Enqueue, or Microsoft Media Player's Add to Now Playing. Does any MP3 player have this feature?

I don't know how far into this you want to get, but I think that RockBox has an option like that. It's 3rd party software that takes the place of the software on MP3 player.

www.rockbox.org

My player's down right now, so I can't check it for sure, but I'm pretty sure that option is there.

Scimmia,

Rockbox... that looks like what I'm searching for. Unfortunately there is no support for the 6th gen Ipod or the Zune. Looks like I'm doomed.

My Creative Zen Vision M does that. You can browse into the folder and hit the bottom right button and choose "Add to Selected". You can also create a playlist via the Creative software when it's connected to the computer, but I haven't used that feature.

I love this thing. Yes, it's a few years old, and yes it only has 30 GB (I think they have a 60 GB model though), but it's treated me well. Plus, it does video!

I own an Archos 605 and it has the ability to create playlists on the device itself. Only real downfall with it is the size. Luckily ultra portability is low on my priority list. The video on it is awesome though.

archos605.jpg

Back